ONS-theVine beta 1.4? : done. see full releases thread. 12/21/2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random feedback:
    • There's a setup called FigureEightDefault, but it's not the default setup (Outposts is the default). Make up your mind.
    • Have you considered a deco layer? Or a secondary texture? The terrain is somewhat visually uneventful in places.
    • Good call on the SPMAs and the Paladin!
    • I could drop down the "trench" (for lack of a better word) directly across the core and Manta-spam the core from 100-0 without the bots stopping me. They tried, but mostly from behind their own core (which is pointless).

Comment

-fixed that default link setup thing

-Up until now, decolayers NEVER worked for me so I really didn't onsider them. I just tried it again and they're working... strange.

- I looked at some of the paths and changed a few things. In this version, when a bot gets in the scorpion closest to the base, they drive on the jumppad, since two of my pathnodes leading out of the base didn't connect. I fixed that, and put a few more pathnodes surrounding the core so the bots can properly defend it.

I was working on some antiportals. I put some in in front of each base. When I was playing it, in a certain spot, the terrain and meshes would disappear. I checked that all the antiportals were in solid bsp, which they were, but the problem still persisted, so I deleted them. I'll try again, dunno how much luck I'll have.

Thanks for trying it out again.

Comment

I have to say, this has progressed nicely. The plants scattered here and there, nice touch as well.

The Paladin worked just as I hoped in making it possible to hold that center node longer.

Would a small amount of spider mines ruin things? I always found them to add a lot of fun to maps, but I know lots of people seem to really hate them. Seems like they would be great at the nodes nearest the center, as those tend to have more up close fragging.

Comment

I'm not too sure about the spider mines. It's already really chaotic in the center, I think mines would just multiply that. I never really cared for the mines much anyway, but I can see that they go well in certain situations. This doesn't seem like one of them, though...

Yep, I think I'm pretty close to being done. I just worked on the flying path nodes to give a bit more flexibility. I'm gonna test it a bit more, so expect it sometime this week unless there's a big bug or something (most likely not)

Thanks again, everyone!

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=24726499

all done

the last few adjustments I made were the addition of antiportals (they work this time) and a few optimization things. Got rid of the fluid surface in the middle since it added 2000 polys and looked a little strange when it merged with the bsp water. I also changed a bit of the terrain behind the base in order to discourage spawn camping as much as possible

thanks again, everyone! you don't know how much i appreciate your help

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
              sfunny how practically everyone on Titan is asking for shock/link/AVRiL at every node. How can you have a varied game when everyone uses these weapons all the time?

The discussion on Titans is purely down to making the map playable for 32 players & also making it fun, when u are trying to do this then a few of the standard rules of gameplay may not apply

Strategic weapons placement on lower count maps help with the flow of the game but when u could have a large onslaught of players attacking a node and you're left relatively defenseless then it saps the fun out of the game, on 32 player maps u need to be tooled up or else defense is pointless as mostly u will not survive

Titan Onslaught have worked alongside many mappers and improved or helped create from scratch 32 player maps that are really well balanced & extremely fun to play, its a credit to them tbh

So when u read that "a couple" of peeps have mentioned that they would like the lockers to be loaded a little better then take for granted that its coming from a deep understanding of 32 player maps backed up by a lot of experience in this area and 2 mappacks that are a credit to them

Its really that simple m8

Comment

Did you just want to show the world how much of a Titan fanboy you are (so much for objectivity), or did you have a particular reason for replying to that two-month-old post?

Comment

Did you just want to show the world how much of a Titan fanboy you are (so much for objectivity), or did you have a particular reason for replying to that two-month-old post?

Please don't flame, i'm done...i said what i wanted to say regardless of how old the post was

u really need to not take this stuff so personal

Comment

Well, you were replying to me, so that made it at least somewhat personal. Not that I have a problem with your/Titan's opinion, but if you're just looking to score brownie points with Titan then I'd rather not get involved.

Comment

Well, you were replying to me, so that made it at least somewhat personal. Not that I have a problem with your/Titan's opinion, but if you're just looking to score brownie points with Titan then I'd rather not get involved.

I don't need to score "brownie" points with Titan Onslaught as i already admin for them, it wasn't a personal dig at u m8, i took the time out to explain myself and where i was coming from so u wouldn't think that

anyways it really doesn't matter....

I have a question for u btw, the Hyperion...it looks sweet, is it finished or still a work in progress, i always wanted to try that out

Comment

It's still a WOP, but let's not highjack the thread anymore than we already did...

Comment

It's still a WOP, but let's not highjack the thread anymore than we already did...

good point lol

Comment

Working...
                          X