CTF to DM mutator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF to DM mutator?

Is there a mutator to play ctf and other specialized game types as DM?

change the name of the map from "CTF-blahblahblah" to "DM-blahblahblah" and you can play a deathmatch.
    Only problem is with a team-based map, you have spawn points right next to each other, so you're immediately thrown into a fight with 6 or 7 opponents

Comment

Really? Thats it. I was expecting some long drawn out directions :haha:

Comment

Or use the Greed mutator, which uses all the maps.

Comment

Yeah but, bot pathing wouldnt be good either.

Comment

You can do it without needing two copies of every map: start a DM game set up how you want it, and then at the console type 'open ctf-xxx' or whatever map you want, and it will start it with the current gametype and settings.

You can set up CTF maps to be in the map rotation too, by adding them to the maplist in User.ini, e.g:
            Code:
            [XInterface.MapListTeamDeathMatch]
            MapNum=0
            Maps=CTF-Magma
            Maps=BR-IceFields
            Maps=XYZ-MapULike
            Maps=DM-Inferno
            Maps=DM-Compressed
            Maps=DM-Phobos2
            Maps=DM-Plunge
            Maps=DM-TokaraForest

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. I did notice the paths do not work right. All the bots hang out in the flag room.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeon Flux
                Thanks for the info, guys. I did notice the paths do not work right. All the bots hang out in the flag room.
                Yep! And also in DOM they hang out at those tag point. And BR they just stand where the ball drops.
                I wish someone could convert all those maps to DM so that we could also play em' in Ivasion, mutant, elimination and so on..... Some of those BR, Dom, CTf maps are really cool and would be great fun do play in the other MODS.

Comment

Why do you want to play a ctf map in DM? The only thing I can think of is TDM, but still it can't be that much fun imo. I dont know what your into though.

Comment

Working...
                  X