DM-map01 (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-map01 (pics)

Here are a few pics of a 6-10 player Deathmatch level I've been working on for a while.
    All custom content (except for sounds). I haven't named it yet, hence the fruity name of the thread.

It's still very work-in-progress, with a few textures still being placeholders and what not. Lighting is still being tweaked but the general feeling is set.
    The map takes place in and around a structure on a small island.

Bottomfloor of the tower.

Second floor of the tower, corridor leading to another part of the structure.

Second floor of the tower.

*Edit
    forgot to include third pic

forgot the third pic?

how about forgot the download link?

Comment

tbh, just pics this time around.
      download will come later

Comment

Its always good to see custom content maps, there few and far between:up:. From the pics its showing promise, I like the mood you've set for the map with the lighting. But from those pics the map looks like a tight one, it kind of looks like a sub or water planet. Would be good to see a little of the island???

:up:

Comment

I love the custom stuff, especially under the green lighting. Good luck!

Comment

The actual terrain isnt done yet but in the intrest of people actually giving feedback to the layout I included a download link for the floorplan (as in, just the bsp base i played around with to nail gameplay). I dont think its the final-final floorplan because i used the final floorplan file to start adding graphics but it's close enough.

Download Floorplan:
            http://www.lidstrom.nu/tomas/dm-lfp6.ut2

Also, in the floorplan the bots jump to their death from the sniper tower - I never adressed this as i mostly tested the level online with [Aura] clan on teir servers and the guys in [aura] are slightly smarter than the bots so it was never an issue

And yes, it's a really tight level.
            The layout is pretty much set at this point but feedback is welcome even so. Thanks for the comments!

Comment

lol, the map i downloaded is notting like the screenshots you have in first post. what are your trying to accomplish here? lying to people is not a good way to go about things on this forum. anywho....

Comment

Originally posted by Wø£vê®ïñË™
                lol, the map i downloaded is notting like the screenshots you have in first post. what are your trying to accomplish here? lying to people is not a good way to go about things on this forum. anywho....
                What you downloaded was the alpha layout, the basic form. The version you see in his pics are at a later stage of development. Next time Say some thing constructive or don’t post at all.

Drevlin good work. Ill give some suggestions once I play that better version.

Comment

Originally posted by Richyb
                  What you downloaded was the alpha layout, the basic form. The version you see in his pics are at a later stage of development. Next time Say some thing constructive or don’t post at all.
                  if there is a link to a version that the screenshots don't represent, that is the fault of the person who is asking for feedback, not the person who downloads the map. wolverine took the time to actually download the map and got something totally different than what the screenshots depicted and now you're railing on him for posting his experience. it's quite unusual to post screenshots like that and then post an alpha map that is for gameplay only, so like, take it easy man. i would have thought the same thing had I not read wolverine's post.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkingfeller
                    if there is a link to a version that the screenshots don't represent, that is the fault of the person who is asking for feedback, not the person who downloads the map.
                    If someone is either too lazy to read, or too dumb to understand, the text that accompanies the link, then that's his own flippin fault and not the poster's. IMHO!

Anyway, map looks promising. Nice n tight, should be great with realism mods like Ballistic. :up:

Comment

if you are desiring feedback on an alpha layout, don't post pics of something that is obviously beta.

/my two cents

Comment

if there is a link to a version that the screenshots don't represent, that is the fault of the person who is asking for feedback, not the person who downloads the map. wolverine took the time to actually download the map and got something totally different than what the screenshots depicted and now you're railing on him for posting his experience. it's quite unusual to post screenshots like that and then post an alpha map that is for gameplay only, so like, take it easy man. i would have thought the same thing had I not read wolverine's post.
                        I agree with you but that’s no excuse to be rude and say the author is lying. All I can see is the author showing people what his work will look like once finished. Sorry but I don’t see a problem with the author doing this.

Comment

I find its best to let those doing the b**ching, is to let them slug it out. thinkingfeller makes a good point, its true its unusual to post screenshots like that and then post an alpha map that is for gameplay only. I see no value to the map author, it just serve to pee others willing to download the map off. Sometimes you dont have time to read every word in a thread.There are times I download a map and give feedback after I have playtested It.

If you have issues that are not of value to the author, it best to PM the guy/lady instead cluttering the thread with ****...

Back to the map :up:

Comment

Wø£vê®ïñË™ and thinkafeller, you might wanna consider reading everything in a thread before responding to it. Had you done that you would've understood that at first I had no intension of releasing the map at all but simply to post the screenshots. I had gotten some "mild" feedback regarding the lighting in the map so I wanted more feedback on that - This is the main reason i posted it here.
                            It was after a semi-request that I decided to release the floorplan (the basic layout that you can download). I posted it as I got the general impression that people liked the pics but wanted a wider view of what the map was like. Had you read trough the thread, this (i think) would've been clear and comments such as "you liar!" would never have seen the light of day.
                            With that said, I shoudl've made it more obvious that the version you could download and the version in the pictures differed a whole lot, so sorry about that. But as the wise people say, water under the bridge (or something like that
                            Hope you dont have a negative view of me or the map because of this.

RichyB and 4TX4, Thanks for the comments. The map itself should be done in a month or so.

Comment

Its time for that taste beta ?
                              don't you think

Comment

Working...
                              X