• Show
Clear All

• replied
    albiet late mirror

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Again!

Originally posted by Kel
    Then I ran to the other side to realize the bot was on the other side shooting at me
    Kel,

This is really very good to know though. Now I have way to actually test it with bots in future maps to see if it does have an impact on the game...

Thanks again for the heads-up on this!

-Toonces

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I discovered that when I was playing a botmatch to test how my system handled the maps and a bot was shooting the lg at me
    All I could see at first was that it seemed to be coming from inside the mountain, so I tl'd up to see if there was a opening, no go
    Then I ran to the other side to realize the bot was on the other side shooting at me
    I thought "Cheap *** bot, no way a human would know if I was standing on the other side" and justly killed it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not really a bug...

Originally posted by Kel
    I found an interesting bug in Ancient Evil
    Made a demo since its easier to see the bug than explain it
    PM if you want a copy
    Kel,

What you saw is real, but it's not really a bug. In fact, It's quite intentional. Static meshes in UT2003 have a very nasty habit of changing their properties after you alter thier dimensions or their relationship to the Z Axis. Parts of them go non-solid that should be solid and, much worse, other parts of them will become solid that are not suppose to block actors or players. What you found in Ancient Evil is my answer to this issue.

Here's a picture of it in the editor:

You know how so many people ***** and complain about hanging on stuff in custom maps? Well, there's a reason for it. Mappers shift the axis of these objects, or change their size, and suddenly players are running into stuff that's not there, or moving through things that are there. What I do when the problem is very obvious as in Ancient Evil, is to completely convert the Static Meshes to non-solids and then build complex Blocking Volumes which are almost imperceptably smaller than the mesh they are designed to solidify. In the image above you can see the mountain meshes (which are off-axis and size multiplied by about 10x) and the the related blocking volumes (highlighted in white) as well. You'll note that I had to do the same thing for all the "fallen" bridge meshes too.

My criteria is that if it does not affect game-play, then go with it. Having players catch on everything in the map does affect game-play...To date, having rockets and other projectiles pass through the fallen bridges and the mountains has not bothered anyone.

Good catch though...

-Toonces

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey this is fun cool stuff mp5 is a riot

website

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: DEMOPLAY Issues...

Originally posted by Toonces T. Cat
    ...File isses...
    You don't know RoAR Assault is? O_O
    That's the remake of the assault gametype from UT to 2k3
    Anyway, I'll send the file your way
    If you still get issues, I'll just redo it with the unneeded server packages taken out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hehe, I d/l'd it 10mins ago

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you think that's bad...:-(

Originally posted by Shuri
    Just a headsup - the LittleLiver description says SillyLiver.
    Thanks! I had noticed a bit too late to fix. I found a real whopper in Car Park...

See the next thread for the replacement .ut2 file location.

-Toonces

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a headsup - the LittleLiver description says SillyLiver.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DEMOPLAY Issues...

Kel,

I just sent you an email regarding the demo...File isses...

-Toonces

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bug in Ancient Evil...

Originally posted by Kel
    Uh... Not interested in the bug I found on DM-AncientEvil?
    Sure...If it'll compress to under 5Mbs, please just send it to:

Email to Toonces

If it's bigger than that, just send me a download link and I'll go get it.

Thanks!

-Toonces

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Uh... Not interested in the bug I found on DM-AncientEvil?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can't have too many guns...

Originally posted by Mr Evil
    I've been playing them on-line quite a bit, having a lot of fun. One thing though: I think it's a bit much having the MP5, the Fyrian and the Minigun since they are sort of similar.
    The cardinal rule of Dead Cat mapping: There's no such thing as too many guns or too much ammo...

Seriously though, the Grenade Launcher on the MP5 really sets it apart from the other two...But hey, why not give'em a choice?

-Toonces...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been playing them on-line quite a bit, having a lot of fun. One thing though: I think it's a bit much having the MP5, the Fyrian and the Minigun since they are sort of similar.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's the fix...

Originally posted by linkc1
    I cant download the thing. I click the download disk thing but the link takes me to the same place. :cry: can someone help? I really want this map-pack.
    A few of my clan mates had this problem. After researching it they discovered it's a side effect of Norton Security. If you are running a Norton Personal Firewall, disable it, download the file and then turn your firewall back on.

That should let you download from Unreal Playground.

-Toonces

Leave a comment:

Working...
X