Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't have too many guns...

Originally posted by Mr Evil
    I've been playing them on-line quite a bit, having a lot of fun. One thing though: I think it's a bit much having the MP5, the Fyrian and the Minigun since they are sort of similar.
    The cardinal rule of Dead Cat mapping: There's no such thing as too many guns or too much ammo...

Seriously though, the Grenade Launcher on the MP5 really sets it apart from the other two...But hey, why not give'em a choice?

-Toonces...

Comment

Uh... Not interested in the bug I found on DM-AncientEvil?

Comment

Bug in Ancient Evil...

Originally posted by Kel
        Uh... Not interested in the bug I found on DM-AncientEvil?
        Sure...If it'll compress to under 5Mbs, please just send it to:

Email to Toonces

If it's bigger than that, just send me a download link and I'll go get it.

Thanks!

-Toonces

Comment

DEMOPLAY Issues...

Kel,

I just sent you an email regarding the demo...File isses...

-Toonces

Comment

Just a headsup - the LittleLiver description says SillyLiver.

Comment

If you think that's bad...:-(

Originally posted by Shuri
              Just a headsup - the LittleLiver description says SillyLiver.
              Thanks! I had noticed a bit too late to fix. I found a real whopper in Car Park...

See the next thread for the replacement .ut2 file location.

-Toonces

Comment

Hehe, I d/l'd it 10mins ago

Comment

Re: DEMOPLAY Issues...

Originally posted by Toonces T. Cat
                  ...File isses...
                  You don't know RoAR Assault is? O_O
                  That's the remake of the assault gametype from UT to 2k3
                  Anyway, I'll send the file your way
                  If you still get issues, I'll just redo it with the unneeded server packages taken out

Comment

hey this is fun cool stuff mp5 is a riot

website

Comment

It's not really a bug...

Originally posted by Kel
                      I found an interesting bug in Ancient Evil
                      Made a demo since its easier to see the bug than explain it
                      PM if you want a copy
                      Kel,

What you saw is real, but it's not really a bug. In fact, It's quite intentional. Static meshes in UT2003 have a very nasty habit of changing their properties after you alter thier dimensions or their relationship to the Z Axis. Parts of them go non-solid that should be solid and, much worse, other parts of them will become solid that are not suppose to block actors or players. What you found in Ancient Evil is my answer to this issue.

Here's a picture of it in the editor:

You know how so many people ***** and complain about hanging on stuff in custom maps? Well, there's a reason for it. Mappers shift the axis of these objects, or change their size, and suddenly players are running into stuff that's not there, or moving through things that are there. What I do when the problem is very obvious as in Ancient Evil, is to completely convert the Static Meshes to non-solids and then build complex Blocking Volumes which are almost imperceptably smaller than the mesh they are designed to solidify. In the image above you can see the mountain meshes (which are off-axis and size multiplied by about 10x) and the the related blocking volumes (highlighted in white) as well. You'll note that I had to do the same thing for all the "fallen" bridge meshes too.

My criteria is that if it does not affect game-play, then go with it. Having players catch on everything in the map does affect game-play...To date, having rockets and other projectiles pass through the fallen bridges and the mountains has not bothered anyone.

Good catch though...

-Toonces

Comment

I discovered that when I was playing a botmatch to test how my system handled the maps and a bot was shooting the lg at me
                        All I could see at first was that it seemed to be coming from inside the mountain, so I tl'd up to see if there was a opening, no go
                        Then I ran to the other side to realize the bot was on the other side shooting at me
                        I thought "Cheap *** bot, no way a human would know if I was standing on the other side" and justly killed it

Comment

Thanks Again!

Originally posted by Kel
                          Then I ran to the other side to realize the bot was on the other side shooting at me
                          Kel,

This is really very good to know though. Now I have way to actually test it with bots in future maps to see if it does have an impact on the game...

Thanks again for the heads-up on this!

-Toonces

Comment

albiet late mirror

Comment

Working...
                            X