Just for fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for fun

I was fiddling around with the terrain editor last month and I got this cool idea for a fun map. A deathmatch on top of a high mountain covered in snow. Yep nothing but snow and steep sides which made for some pretty cool angled fighting. To top it all off I added easily accesed powerups on the top but with a twist, I put kickers on them and that made for even more fun.
    There is nothing special about this map no fancy graphics but the gameplay is unique I think. This is an older level of mine but I have had a lot of postive feedback about the fun factor and unique gameplay so I thought I would just let all you cool guys and gals here know about it. It's a relatively small download and I,m sure you will have lots of fun playing it.
    Some Screenies here
    Don't let the screenies put you off!
    Download it here: DM-LiandrisPeak

Pleas let me now if you have any other ideas for a simple but fun map and I may just create it.

Can you set the friction of a surface so that you can simulate ice? That would make it all the more precarious, especially with steep cliff sides.

Comment

:bulb: Sorry people!! I fixed the download link.
      Xeonicus: I'll have to get back to you on that one, I,m not sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Xeonicus
        Can you set the friction of a surface so that you can simulate ice?
        yes, the unreal editor has the ability to do that

Comment

Seal - Nope, not any more.

Surface physics are disabled in this build, just like true reflective services. I don't know why, but that's the way it is. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepless
            Surface physics are disabled in this build, just like true reflective services. I don't know why, but that's the way it is. Sorry
            They're not disabled, you just have to do them a different way - you can use a volume to set surface friction.

As for reflective surfaces, they're also not disabled, they just don't work What I mean by that is, if you create a reflective surface and look at it in rmode 1, you can see the reflected polys being rendered. But something about the way textures and/or occlusion are handled means they always get covered up.

Comment

Seal - Nope, not any more

1) I HAVE maps that have slippery ice for UT2003! If they did take away a Ued feature, that would create a version mismatch with UT2003 - it would break compatibility

2) The programmers wouldnt take away that feature from the editor! Like Doctor7 said, they moved it somewhere else

Comment

Make a volume and adjust the properties check out DM-Shuddercreek if u wanna slide over some Ice

Comment

Festive Ridge has two big frozen lakes you can skate across.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor7
                    They're not disabled, you just have to do them a different way - you can use a volume to set surface friction.

As for reflective surfaces, they're also not disabled, they just don't work What I mean by that is, if you create a reflective surface and look at it in rmode 1, you can see the reflected polys being rendered. But something about the way textures and/or occlusion are handled means they always get covered up.
                    Yup, has to be done with volumes.

Before it was a surface property you could set but that's not available any more. I hope you guys realize that doing it in a different way is not the same as having the feature...you cannot set friction as a surface property which is what the guy asked in the first place.

Don't assume an effect corrolates to a feature of the engine; just because different frictions can be done doesn't mean the engine supports surface effects for altering physics

Some people....

Comment

Seal - Nope, not any more.

It's sucky!

Comment

Probably

Even though it's not much more trouble to do it with physics volumes, it would still be nice just have a checkbox to do it with.

I like the new engine though; I dig the terrain system and the new methods used for occlusion, but the particle system could be better, and yeah, there are small nitpicks like the surface stuff.

Overall though I love the way the technology has advanced; it gets more versatile with every build.

Comment

Working...
                        X