DM-Core][

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Core][

Just did a conversion of DOM-Core to a DM Arena. Plays great. I'll upload pics tonight for those of you not familiar with DOM-Core.

download and view pics here

[screenshot]http://home.earthlink.net/~frogger187/core1.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://home.earthlink.net/~frogger187/core2.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://home.earthlink.net/~frogger187/core3.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://home.earthlink.net/~frogger187/core4.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://home.earthlink.net/~frogger187/core5.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://home.earthlink.net/~frogger187/core6.jpg[/screenshot]

Looks nice, I am just downloading and giving it a try...

[just to frogger, all others ignore]
    How did you manage to make make a map with UED. It's totally screwed and buggy...
    [/just to frogger, all others ignore]

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
      [just to frogger, all others ignore]
      How did you manage to make make a map with UED. It's totally screwed and buggy...
      [/just to frogger, all others ignore]
      i somehow stumbled through..

Comment

Awsome stuff!

Mr. frogger, can you give a quick rundown of converting a DOM or CTF to a standard DM? Do you just change the bot paths or something, or is it just one setting on the map or what?

Got a link on a tut. or something...?

Thanx, dude, and good work!

Comment

frogger, if your doing a conversion, why are you tacking the 2 to the end of the name? shouldnt it just be dm-core

Comment

Originally posted by solidflux
            frogger, if your doing a conversion, why are you tacking the 2 to the end of the name? shouldnt it just be dm-core
            I didn't want to add the][ to it...but your xmaps.int has info for Core that I didn't want to use. I had to rename it to something other than Core in order to add author info, etc.

Descentia...On this one it was simply removing the DOM points and tweaking the player starts. You need to set all playerstarts to have team 0..otherwise they won't be used...I did a little bit of lighting change where the DOM points were and adding a couple path nodes to make up for the removed player starts and DOM points...It is really easy to go from DOM to DM

Comment

Hehe also don't forget there's already a dm-Core out there.
              At least wasn't the one you showed to the guy looking for a core conversion also named DM-Core:weird:
              Anyway I wanna check out how Core plays in DM now

Comment

Originally posted by Helios
                At least wasn't the one you showed to the guy looking for a core conversion also named DM-Core:weird:
                actually this is that map...but as I was finishing i realized i needed the rename...but I do think someone else released a DM-Core, which is a totally different map.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger187
                  ...Descentia...On this one it was simply removing the DOM points and tweaking the player starts. You need to set all playerstarts to have team 0..otherwise they won't be used...I did a little bit of lighting change where the DOM points were and adding a couple path nodes to make up for the removed player starts and DOM points...It is really easy to go from DOM to DM
                  Sa-weet action! I'll give it a shot with some others that I like (and too imbarrassed to name 'cause I think I'll get flamed right out of tha thread )

Comment

Originally posted by Helios
                    this is the DM-Core that already exists (totally different map)

Comment

alright, make the domonation points flags!

:up:

Comment

Originally posted by SealClubber
                        alright, make the domonation points flags!

:up:
                        not a bad idea...

Comment

Ok, I have played it and think gameplay works very fine. Nice conversion.

But there are some things that could be improved eye-candy wise. There are still the monitors showing a grey 'A' and 'B'. There could be put another skin on them. Something like how many frags left or the a camera's view (or naked chicks, i'd prefer that ).
                          And the blue/red pipes under the glass-floor could need some different skins too (animated plasma-somthing or stuff).

Comment

Seen this on www.ut2003hq.com but the screenshots wouldn't come up. Any way it looks nice Frooger, its got a kinda alien like techno side to it and how you made the map looks remind me of something.

MsM:up:

Comment

Looks good but next time try for an origional idea

(just kidding, looks good )

Comment

Working...
                              X