Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShieldGun CarJacking

Download ShieldGun Carjacking Upadated 10:37 PM 4-11-06
    This is a mutator that changes the SheildGun so that it when you hit a vehicle with it you kick out all the drivers and passengers and then steal it. If you aren't allowed to drive that vehicle you won't steal it but will remove the driver and passengers.

I'm hoping somebody can help me to make sure this works universally and maybe some ideas on how to make it more balanced.

Edit 12:12AM 4-11-06

I decided on implementing two changes with the mutator. One is an option to prevent same team car jacking. I haven't started working on this part.

I spent a lot of time working on xyx's idea; when there are multiple players in a vehicle it kicks them out one at a time. However, this isn't working correctly for either of 2 reasons. Possiblity 1 is that all bots exit when the driver is forced out; this seems to be the problem, but isn't very logical. The other possiblility is that the function I'm using to kick the driver out (vehicle.kdriverleave(true)) is forcing out everybody inside the vehicle and I'll have to work around it. Either way my goal is to release a new working version by Thurday morning.

Right now I don't plan to release this as a seperate weapon. I wanted to do it as a mutator that replaces the shield gun just for the sake of compatibility. Once I'm done with this I might go for an all new weapon. The alt fire will be this mutator, the primary will deal damage directly to the driver of a vehicle or something else to make the driver mad (i.e. slow it down, switch their seat, or mess with their controls).

Edit 10:37 PM 4-11-06
    It works!

Sweet! Sounds like fun. Downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-jacker
      hello, I am mister dumb, no this is a custom quote hahahahaha.
      hehehe, I love custom quotes.
      anyway, this mutator makes UT2004 sound more like GTA: San Andreas. hahaha:haha: :haha: :haha: this is not an insult, I repeat, this is not an insult, it will just make UT funier, hahaha, hi jacking vehics from bots, that would be funny.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Comment

thank you ! now instead of destoying the scorps in scorprace, i can hijack them and win!

Comment

ok how does this work with AS vehicles?
          like the hellbender in junkyard

Comment

Ah, didn't test, but to make it more balanced why not kick out the driver only and leave the other passengers (if there are any). This way you won't be able to hijack a full bender with one shieldgun-punt.

Maybe disable it on the levi at all. Wouldn't seem to make sence there.

Comment

why not give people the CHOICE of enabling/disableing those options, would make a game a lot more interesting, you know? imagine, your playing on ONS-RedPlanet in a levi, then, BAM, somone just hijacked it, then you take it back and shoot them as fast as you can, OR, get your levi down to about 50 health, let someone hijack it, then blow them up, that would be fun.

Comment

You could use a configurable health rating for the capture to work. Any vehicle with health higher than the configured rating cannot be carjacked and instead takes damage normally.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                  You could use a configurable health rating for the capture to work. Any vehicle with health higher than the configured rating cannot be carjacked and instead takes damage normally.
                  yeah, or set it to 9999999, so you can hijack ANYTHING! dat would be coo' oh, just a question, are you going to make a WEAPON for this, or are you just going to use the ShieldGun, or are you going to make it an option for which weapon has the carjacking "power". dat would be niiiice:heart: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by fftunes
                    Ah, didn't test, but to make it more balanced why not kick out the driver only and leave the other passengers (if there are any). This way you won't be able to hijack a full bender with one shieldgun-punt.

Maybe disable it on the levi at all. Wouldn't seem to make sence there.
                    ...Because then you couldn't get in.

Comment

Nah, you'd punt out one person each time until it's empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                        Nah, you'd punt out one person each time until it's empty.
                        :up:

Comment

yeah that's a good idea

Comment

I broke my space bar. The right side isn't working, I have to press space with my left thumb. Very irritating!

Oh yeah, I didn't implement the team option, and probably wont, but now you can choose wheter or not it kicks players out 1 at a time. It prints unecessary **** to the log for now, but unless there's something unanticipated, it's done!

*begins taking apart keyboard*

Comment

Yeah! That primary fire sounds cool. Make it so they have to be really close to the vehicle for them to use it (primary) just for balance.

Maybe have the primary make the vehicle unable to turn, disable the brake and peg the gas... you could use a karma boost to make the car accellerate to a fast speed. Have the effect last for about 10 seconds and the driver cannot leave the vehicle, just the passengers... oh hell, lock them all in there!!! HAHAHAHA!

Imagine hitting someones vehicle with that while they are facing a cliff to say um.... lava weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X