Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Flag Combo [beta 0.4]

Based on the concept developed here -
    This mutator adds a Fake Flag adrenaline combo. The person activating it appears to have the enemy team's flag; they continue to hold it until the adrenaline runs out, regardless of translocations and vehicles. Picking up the real flag while the combo is running has a slightly unpredictable effect - sometimes you lose the fake flag and don't pick up the real one, sometimes you lose the fake and get the real. Also, this combo cannot be activated while you have the real flag.

[ DOWNLOAD ]

Hey, cool! I'd imagine this being fun for experienced ctf-players... :up:

Comment

I'm not sure how this new combo would add something to the CTF gametype. What do you suppose is the function of this combo, what advantage does this give to the player? To me it seems like a diversion technique, but it wouldn't work out right because the real flag has a message attached to it when it's taken from the flagbase etc. Or do you intend to add that as well?

Comment

I guess you should save your adrenaline for when a teammate gets the real flag, then activate the combo to mislead the opponents as a fake flagrunner. Or stick to the real flagrunner so the opponents don't know whom to shoot first.

To me the use of this mut is pretty obvious...

Well, but I guess it won't irritate the bots so far... or does it?

Comment

It doesn't work with bots, unfortunately - I don't have the scripting mojo to override an entire AI system to get them to pay attention to fake flag carriers.
          But yes, the idea of this combo is to let you act as a decoy to distract the enemy team from your real flag carrier.

Comment

This is so funny!!! Excellent, nothing like the good fake out.

BTW, what is the combo-nation yuk yuk I can't activate it

Also, does it put a flag icon next to your name if you hit F1? If not, it may be something you may want to code in as an option for admins.

Will the player keep the fake flag if he/she gets into a vehicle?

Comment

The activation thingy is left-forward-forward-right. I haven't tested whether it adds a flag icon, but there's no reason it shouldn't - the scoreboard code probably just checks whether each player has "a" flag, and the fake flag still counts.
              The flag will stay with the player at all times - nothing that would normally make you drop the flag will have any effect. That means you can still translocate and carry it in Mantas and Raptors, which might be a bit of a giveaway, but eh.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fftunes
                  I guess you should save your adrenaline for when a teammate gets the real flag, then activate the combo to mislead the opponents as a fake flagrunner. Or stick to the real flagrunner so the opponents don't know whom to shoot first.

To me the use of this mut is pretty obvious...

Well, but I guess it won't irritate the bots so far... or does it?
                  well what if the player shoots both of em with a rocket :haha:

Comment

Working...
                  X