Clear All

DM-Yro3 Betatest

Name: DM-Yro3-Betatest

----------------------------------------------------

Version: somewhere between last alpha and first beta

Compatibility: UT2004

Description: This is (or will be) the third version of my map named Yro. I took the last (second) version of this map and enlarged it with two additional areas. After adding the Bio and the Link Gun the map now contains all deathmatch weapons, except super weapons. It has some adrenaline, some vials, medium health pickups and three ammo pickups for each type of weapon. The amount of ammo per pickup has been reduced by about 20%. The map is designed for about 2 to 6 players.

Comments: I need feedback about the gameplay, the architecture and the item placement. Currently I don't need any feedback about the visuals. The textures, the static meshes, the lighting, the botpathing, the skybox and almost everything else will be changed in the next editions. I'm mainly interested in the following points:

- gameplay and flow: Does the map have a good flow? Does it play good?
    - weapon and item placement: Does the map have enough/too many/not enough pickups/ammo/weapons? Are the pickups/ammo/weapons at the right positions?
    - architecture: Are there areas which are too narrow/too wide? Are there any issues with connectivity? Are the elevator jumps too easy/too difficult?

Please let me know anything else that you think is important to improve the gameplay, architecture and item placement of the map.

Screenshots:

The next 3 pics show the new areas.

Download: http://www.klemm-oelschlaeger.de/ROY...3-Betatest.zip

DLing!

Comment

'ready again? Heck, I didn't even come round to play version 2 yet :up:

You're mapping faster than me playtesting your maps

Comment

Make a new map?

Comment

Originally posted by Slainchild
          Make a new map?
          +1

I completely agree, come on Roy make some thing new and refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by Richyb
            +1

I completely agree, come on Roy make some thing new and refreshing.
            Oh, this will be new and refreshing. Don't let the existing textures and static meshes fool you.

Comment

pics remind me of Star Trek Voyager for some reason.

Seven of Nine mmmmmm.:up:

Comment

"Seven of Nine mmmmmm."
                Yeah, she's a real hot sweety.

@ topic: Did anyone test the map?

Comment

Sorry, i'm so busy lateley. I hardly have time for gaming

Comment

Gave it a quick run. Too many places to fall down imho, especially after a respawn almost everytime I fall down somewhere.
                    The map is über-connective but somehow I always feel lost in it... though it might just be the unfinished lighting that throws me off.

Low frame count so far. Had places where it went down to 40, while in standard maps I get 'round 150... But I guess it will get optimized - or is it?

Comment

why oh why...

Comment

Originally posted by fftunes
                        Gave it a quick run. Too many places to fall down imho, especially after a respawn almost everytime I fall down somewhere.
                        The map is über-connective but somehow I always feel lost in it... though it might just be the unfinished lighting that throws me off.

Low frame count so far. Had places where it went down to 40, while in standard maps I get 'round 150... But I guess it will get optimized - or is it?
                        You fall down? Do you mean you fall out of the map?

@lighting: Yeah, I did not even start with the light. All you see now will be deleted.
                        @low frame count: That's because the old zone portals do not seal the zones anymore. But that doesn't matter, cause they all will be deleted.

The only things that will remain are the basic architecture and the item placement. Textures, static meshes, lights, skybox and so on will be deleted. This map will act only as a starting point for something new.

Comment

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
                          why oh why...

+1 true that!!

Comment

what is "why oh why..." meant to mean?:sour:

Comment

bring back that insane music from the first version!!!:up:

Comment

Working...
                              X