X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Xaklse
    Version 1.0 released, with your Relic of Translocation, Hedge_o_Matic .

Heaven of Relics 1.0 Thread
    Woo Hoo! This mutator basically reminds me wh I love Ut so much. endless combinations of new gametypee, each made completely different with just the addition of some choice mutators.

My current favorite combination:

Nodeseige (Custom gametype, like Domination) with H.o.Relics (one random of each type).

Bombing Run with one Mutant Relic per player.

CTF with one Translocationn relic per player.

LMS with a single Redemption relic in play.

Gemfeeder (download this gametype!) with various mixes of relics (the cool combinations here are endless).

Onslaught with one mutant relic per player.

Mutant with a single Mutant relic. Mutant to mutant combat!

Has the Relic of Adrenaline changed in this release?

One small suggestion for next release: Custom relic layouts. As you can see, I put a lot of thought into the specific mix of relics for each sort of game, and it'd be useful to just choose a relic layout in the configure menu rather than having to reset them all manually.

Great job!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 1.0 released, with your Relic of Translocation, Hedge_o_Matic .

Heaven of Relics 1.0 Thread

Leave a comment:

• replied
    About the Relic of Translocation, it's a bit strange. Which is the real advantage of the relic?
    CTF and BR: Allows the flag carrier to translocate by killing opponants ahead of themselves. Allows defenders to wreak sudden havok among FC and BC-defenders or goal tenders by suddenly appearing among them. Allows defender to move the flag or ball back toward their teammates, should they kill the carrier. With a team mate, this could result in rapid turnarounds.

DOM: Sudden appearance among defenders and rapid CP closing abilities by damaging a defender, plus displacing and disorienting the defender you've hit.

DM: Keeps the player shifting positions to make other players hunting them down more difficlut, if used wisely. Very effective with LGs and SRs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Posted by Legendary Agent
    a relic that spawns random monsters to protect the relic holder
    Not a bad idea...

Posted by Hedge_o_Matic
    The Adrenaline Relic is too powerful. I'd suggest having the adrenaline recharge stop when a combo is activated, and if they ever reach zero adrenaline, they lose the relic.
    Posted by Hedge_o_Matic
    The mutant should lose health and regain health as in the Mutant gametype, allowing them to continue to survive if they're lethal enough.
    Great suggestions, I'll make some changes on these relics.
    About the Relic of Translocation, it's a bit strange. Which is the real advantage of the relic?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUOTE=Xaklse]sn.k: Sorry, I don't understand this suggestion. What do you mean with "pint-sized"?[QUOTE\]

I think he means your relic of Infancy.:haha: how funny (sarcasm):haha: :haha: haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This mutator is awesome. I like the simple graphics for the relic skins, and the coin-like mesh you used. Too many relic mutators have super-graphic intensive relics that really bog down play. considering the number of relics in play your mutator offers, I'd stick with the minimalist approach, or have the additional effect optional.

One problem I've noticed with the Adrenaline Relic (and the reason I disabled it), is that you continue to regain adrenaline when you use the combos. This makes them basically permanant, or close to it. With a few kills, and the associated adrenaline bonuses, the combo need never end. And if it does, you'll be back up to full strength in less than a minute. Too powerful. I'd suggest having the adrenaline recharge stop when a combo is activated, and if they ever reach zero adrenaline, they lose the relic.

With the Mutant Relic, I think the arbitrary time limit should be optional. The mutant should lose health and regain health as in the Mutant gametype, allowing them to continue to survive if they're lethal enough. Perhaps having them lose health faaster when carrying a ball or flag would alleviate any super-agility problems in games like CTF and BR, and make these games play like rugby, where mutant players would be passing to avoid dying. Mutants should also not benefit from the BR ball's healing ability. As it is, one of my favorite uses of HoR is Mutant-BR and Mutant-CTF, where there are no relics except for one Mutant relic per player. It's great, but the changes I've suggested would really balance out the relic in general.

One relic idea I can offer is the Relic of Tranlocation. When a player damages another player with any weapon while using this relic, they swap places with them. If the relic-user or target is carrying the ball or flag, they need to actually kill the other player in order to translocate. Killed carriers translocate before dropping the ball or flag, to avoid insta-pickups by the relic carrier. Great cool teamwork options!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks you two.
    The 1.0 version will be released when the third relic is done, the others (Relic of Agility & Relic of Kamikaze) are finished.
    Don't you have any original idea about a new relic?? :weird:
    U already made all possible relics mate, still not happy? u have the most relics in all relics mutators i dont think i have better ideas but u could make a relic that spawns random monsters to protect the relic holder that could be cool one no?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks you two.
    The 1.0 version will be released when the third relic is done, the others (Relic of Agility & Relic of Kamikaze) are finished.
    Don't you have any original idea about a new relic?? :weird:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice job on these!

BTW, anyone who thinks that being able to keep the flag with the redemption relic is a dope who hates to work for his flag cap. Anyone can run into a base, grab the flag and sit there waiting to be shot... It's an exploit! Now go change your diaper baby boy!

As I stated before, nice job on these!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Legendary_Agent

Heya nice job when it will be available for download?
    :up: :up: im dyng to play them:up: :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heaven of Relics Beta 6 becomes 1.0.
    This version will feature 3 new relics, a modified Relic of Ammo and improved visual effects for all relics.

I finished 2 new relics (Relic of Agility and Relic of Kamikaze) and began to code the third one, but it can't be implemented out: . Now I need ideas about a new relic. Do you want to contribute? You can send your suggestions to:
    xaklse0 at hotmail dot com .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hahahaha, thanks zoro :heart: , sorry about that.
    It's a mutator.

:bulb: I realized a stupid bug about the adrenaline options, they work inversely. Fixed for Beta 6.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm presuming this is a DM map.
    I'm also presuming that the author of the map doesn't mind users having to go through a minimum of 7 clicks (if they know where they're going) to get to this map's download location. Pain in the hole is an understatement.

Here's a nice 1-click link for y'all:
    http://www.unreal.ie/dl/maps/dm/dm-h...elicsbeta5.zip

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beta 5 finished and ready for downloads!!

4 new relics:
    - Relic of Ammo: Gives you 999 ammo for your weapons.
    - Relic of Guns: Makes you shoot faster.
    - Relic of Invisibility: Makes you invisible.
    - Mutant Relic: You become a Mutant :alien: for 30 seconds.

Any comment about these relics is welcome

Download Now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem, ShredPrince.

About multiple relics, it's too late for it and very complex to implement in a good way .
    Sad, but anyway just think about it if someone go and get every relics, there is so much stuff in there. And so much effect there would be load of glitches. And other relics with multiple relics had glitch too (you took defense, then strength, but one of them didn't worked..)

Well I think its a really good mutator anyway. Nice work!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X