Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: What's with the glowy trail of the Speed relic coming out of ones butt? :bulb:

Comment

i've added online vctf+relics of heaven ut2004://194.146.226.118:7777 if u want test, no crash at this time just some warning in the log

Warning: XRelicInvADR VCTF-1ADeathTrap.XRelicInvADR (Function XRelics.XRelicInvADR.Timer:0023) Accessed None 'C'
      Warning: XRelicInvADR VCTF-1ADeathTrap.XRelicInvADR (Function XRelics.XRelicInvADR.Timer:0031) Accessed None 'C'
      Warning: XRelicInvADR VCTF-1ADeathTrap.XRelicInvADR (Function XRelics.XRelicInvADR.Timer:0023) Accessed None 'C'
      Warning: XRelicInvADR VCTF-1ADeathTrap.XRelicInvADR (Function XRelics.XRelicInvADR.Timer:0031) Accessed None 'C'

Warning: XRelicInvDIS VCTF-1ACRASHFLATS.XRelicInvDIS (Function XRelics.XRelicInvDIS.DoEffects:0015) Accessed None 'Controller'
      Warning: XRelicInvDIS VCTF-1ACRASHFLATS.XRelicInvDIS (Function XRelics.XRelicInvDIS.DoEffects:0015) Accessed None 'Controller'

before your project relics of heaven i've tested all different (relics2k3 , relics2k4 and PUT_Relics) and my regulars players asked for the old relics2k3, it's would be great if they find a similar approach

Comment

Da Spadger:
        Question: What's with the glowy trail of the Speed relic coming out of ones butt?
        You aren't the only one who realizes it.

sn.k:
        before your project relics of heaven i've tested all different (relics2k3 , relics2k4 and PUT_Relics) and my regulars players asked for the old relics2k3, it's would be great if they find a similar approach
        I didn't played with relics2k3...
        About the warnings, I'm sure that they are produced by the vehicles. The relics don't work well with drivers :specialdriver: . I'll remove the warnings for the next beta.
        -one colors for each relics
        -one visual effect for the player who carry one relics with the same colors as the relics (example with the adrenaline pill , the visual effect is green ,the relics must be green and the opponents can know what relics we carry with the visual effect: need the same thing for each relics )
        OK, I'll see if I can add a colored light effect for each relic.

Comment

Good work, Xaklse :up:

Ive d/led Beta4 and checked some of the relics. Very nice, yet Ive got a few suggestions to make - at this stadium, they are only theoretical, I wasnt able to test every relic in every situation:

Disability: I think this one is too strong: just use a rapid-firing gun and nail your opponents to the ground. Id rather put the speed reduction to 50% instead of 90%.

Radiation: I havent had the chance to use this one in close combat, but from what I learned in the Readme, I think it could be a real pain in the ***, I mean -40 HP every 1,5 secs in the vicinity (~7 game meters) of the carrier? Compare its damage to that of Vengeance that amount is dealt within 6 seconds. I wouldnt even care to aim at my opponent, Id just try to keep close to him...
          Maybe reduce the amount of damage dealt to 10-20 and/or the frequency, that still is a lot (maybe still too much), especially if used as backup for regular weapons fire.

I have a few comments to make about the relics you plan to probably add in later versions:

Venom: What are the rules you want to implement for that? Each hit delivers a small amount of extra damage over time, lets say, -x HP/s for y secs? And if its so, will weapons with lower shooting frequency deal higher amounts of venom damage or will it last longer? Again, just take the minigun, each hit delivers its payload in very short intervals, so the carrier would have to hit another player only a few times, venom will do the rest.
          As for the icon, I suggest to use a drop and a greenish colour.

Weapon: Dont see the use of that one, really. Each situation has its appropriate weapon, a randomly selected weapon wont help much. Just try to snipe with the flak. Or a near point-blank-range combat: suddenly you come up with the Flak or the RL, that would be annyoing regarding splash damage.

Theft: How will this one work? You automatically steal the targets best weapon. Fine. And then? Does this theft only work once, or will you steal one weapon after the other from the opponent til he no longer has any weapons left? And how long would this take? What if he aint using the weapon the game considers being his best?

Relics to add imo:

Invisibility - with some disadvantages like: only works if the carrier is standing still, doesnt work when shooting and such.

Agility: As sn said, a relic that reduces falling damage a bit and allows quad jumps would be nice.

Haste: Shooting speed multiplier: 1,5 - 2,0.

All in all, great work done, but imo there are a few balancing issues - but this its only beta, the final version will be near perfect, I am quite sure.

Comment

Nice reply, char0n :up:

About the Relic of Theft and Weapon, I recently deleted them. I really dislike them.

char0n:
            Disability: I think this one is too strong: just use a rapid-firing gun and nail your opponents to the ground. Id rather put the speed reduction to 50% instead of 90%.
            I think that you are right. The current settings are 0.1 x speeds for 0.75 seconds. What do you think about 50% of speed reduction for 2 seconds?
            Radiation: I havent had the chance to use this one in close combat, but from what I learned in the Readme...
            Yes, you didn't use it. I forgot to mention that damage lowers with distance . If you are touching the carrier, you get hurt by 40 points.
            Venom: What are the rules you want to implement for that? Each hit delivers a small amount of extra damage...
            I'm not sure how the relic will work exactly.
            As for the icon, I suggest to use a drop and a greenish colour.
            I want to make a black & white icon, so it can't be green . It could be a syringe with a drop or a scorpion (but a scorpion is too complex for my abilities :bored: ).
            Invisibility - with some disadvantages like: only works if the carrier is standing still, doesnt work when shooting and such.
            I changed it to: "Relic of Invisibility: Makes you invisible if you get hurt."
            Agility: As sn said, a relic that reduces falling damage a bit and allows quad jumps would be nice.
            What do you like it more? "Relic of Jump" or "Relic of Agility"?

With all your help, I'm sure that the mutator will be near perfect. If you think about new relics, don't hesitate to post your ideas.
            And about my english, if you realize that I wrote something wrong in the readme or in the mutator, tell me.

Thanks to ALL!!!

Comment

The current settings are 0.1 x speeds for 0.75 seconds. What do you think about 50% of speed reduction for 2 seconds?
              Sounds much better. Would it be possible to only allow a new speed reduction after those 2 seconds so that the effect stays non-additive in time? I guess the current layout already does that now, but I couldnt figure it out today. I think it will need a few test games to find out whether its playable or not.

Yes, you didn't use it. I forgot to mention that damage lowers with distance . If you are touching the carrier, you get hurt by 40 points.
              Aah, ok. That also sounds much better than what I had understood. I picked it up in a short test game today - turned out to be the evil relic, therefore, didnt help much

As for the Venom icon: syringe with a drop seems to be an appropriate one imo.

I changed it to: "Relic of Invisibility: Makes you invisible if you get hurt."
              Not quite sure on that one. The relic of invisibility is a very strong one, but I doubt about its use if you set it up like that. The Relics2k3 setup uses the invisibility-combo-texture to hide the carrier from his opponents view, he only appears when he shoots at something to vanish almost immediately after releasing the fire button. I would suggest to keep the original layout of the relic but to add the following: After the carrier has released the fire button, he remains visible for a short period of time, lets say 1-1,5 seconds. That way, his opponent can better adapt to him in a close combat.
              The other idea would be (yet I dont know if that is possible) to make the invisibility-texture 'less invisible'. Maybe its possible to lay a faint glow around the player or to use a variant of the visual effect you have put on the other relics to show which one a player is carrying. This way, a player is invisible but from time to time, a few tiny clouds evade from him or something like it.

What do you like it more? "Relic of Jump" or "Relic of Agility"?
              Relic of Agility.

Thanks to ALL!!!
              No prob. Looking forward to the new version.

Comment

one option in webadmin
                carry the flag with relic redemption enable/disable

Comment

no amn that was from your relics somehow......I dont know dude....I just saw this and rembereed them from chaos, and thought cool....and used your link.

Comment

It only happens a little bit....its strange as to when and how often it happens, Ive still been playing with it......I'll print it here again next time it happens.

Comment

ShredPrince, and tell me what gametype you were playing.

sn.k:
                      carry the flag with relic redemption enable/disable
                      No.

char0n:
                      Would it be possible to only allow a new speed reduction after those 2 seconds so that the effect stays non-additive in time?
                      It works like you describe it.
                      After the carrier has released the fire button, he remains visible for a short period of time, lets say 1-1,5 seconds.
                      The other idea would be to make the invisibility-texture 'less invisible'.
                      Good ideas. The next relic that I'll implement is this relic. We'll see what idea is the best one.

Comment

And what do you think about the Mutant Relic?

I've played Relics2k3, sn.k. It's... hum... interesting. But my relics won't have such differenced colors. It would take me a lot of time to make more skins. :downcast:

Comment

the colors is important , because:
                          u know what is the relics u see far away in the map
                          if u need it, u go, you drop your old relics and take the other
                          in this way , the relics it's not only a bonus , it become a tactical game

same thing with the flag carried with the redemption
                          u get the flag, u see the relics redemption , u drop your old relics and take the redemption because u win one life.

what Mutant relic does ?

Comment

Yes, sn.k, I think that colors are important, but I can't make 1 skin for each relic (20+ skins) like Relics2k3, it's very difficult for me :cry: . I'm mainly a coder. :noob:
                            I disagree with you about the relic of redemption. If you have the flag after the respawn and you appear in your base, you'll surely score a point. It could be very unbalanced and unfair. :sour:

"Mutant Relic: You become a Mutant for 30 seconds. Relic life = 3 seconds."
                            Next relics

Comment

DM ....Ill turn on the Mutator next time I play....I did some instant action last night,but we forgot to turn on the relics....my friend wanted some normal practice....

maybe I did get the wrong Relics....Ill double check..

YEah I think I did somehow....Sorry amn.

WOOOPS.

I think what ahappened was I saw the old ones somewhere the same day I saw yuors and just got mixed up......

Really sorry man...

Comment

Well I played yours and must say its well done, but IMO not as fun as other relics...Still good though.....maybe allow people to hold multiple relics...

Comment

Working...
                                X