Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WEAPON] Fyrian Cannon

Copied from the readme because I am too lazy to type something new:
    A new weapon for UT2003 along with two mutators to add it.

The Fyrian Cannon represents the very pinnacle of kinetic weapons technology, firing caseless 15mm ammunition at up to 900 rounds per minute. It is surprisingly light and easy to handle despite its large size, thanks to its unique hollow-walled construction and perfect balance. It features dual-speed motorized barrels for optimum flexibility. At the standard speed setting it fires at a conservative 540 rounds per minute, sustainable for prolonged periods of time. At the high speed setting you get the full 900 rounds per minute, with the additional bonus that the high temperatures generated at top speed increase the damage potential of the bullets.. To prevent damage to the weapon, it will automatically shut down if the temperature exceeds the maximum safe operating level. It will reactivate as soon as it has cooled sufficiently.
    Some sceenshots:

Dowload it here (829KB): http://www.cheese83.freeserve.co.uk/...ads/Fyrian.zip

More info here: http://www.cheese83.freeserve.co.uk/unreal/fyrian.htm

I like your mutators that you come up with MR.Evil. But im not too crazy about this one. It just feels like a restricted minigun with the overheater. And im not too crazy about the model either cause it sits too far off to the center and that colorful box that sits in the middle is an eyesore.

Comment

I like fast firing powerful weapons

The spin up causing the weapon to heat up I found to be annoying especially for secondary fire. Kind of eliminates the use of short bursts or did you plan it that way.

One question, Does the translocator always come up first when you play when using the fyrian arena?

Comment

ya i agree ^^^
        although hard work was put into it, it looks like a minigun with a new model
        i'll dl anyways though

Comment

Originally posted by Reversion
          I like your mutators that you come up with MR.Evil. But im not too crazy about this one. It just feels like a restricted minigun with the overheater. And im not too crazy about the model either cause it sits too far off to the center and that colorful box that sits in the middle is an eyesore.
          Yes, it's basically the same as the various miniguns found in innumerable games. It's a well proven concept, so I didn't want to change it too much. The upcoming UT2003 patch has an option for centred weapons, otherwise I would have centred it.

Originally posted by DaNcO
          I like fast firing powerful weapons

The spin up causing the weapon to heat up I found to be annoying especially for secondary fire. Kind of eliminates the use of short bursts or did you plan it that way.

One question, Does the translocator always come up first when you play when using the fyrian arena?
          The secondary fire spins up faster than the primary, which is why it causes some heating. You can spin up using the primary and then switch to secondary, which results in less heating. Conversely, you can spin up with the secondary and then switch to primary if you want to spin up faster.

The translocator doesn't always come up first. It happens in Instagib sometimes too.

Comment

Absolutely hair raising! Nice job Mr. Evil, I think it really should shoot lasers cuz this is an sci-fi type weapon. Also, when the ammo is all gone the weapon just disappears just like that. It should remain visible but not be able to shoot anymore. Prolly deleting some of the hidden polys will increase performance. The spinning animation looks cool to......

Comment

i love all your other weapons, but i only have one word for this one. Meh. its weird. ill have to try it with your other ones, cause it doesnt seem to fit with the ut2k3 weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Prefablab
                I think it really should shoot lasers

www.planetunreal.com/roar/

download the BETA of assult, play the mini-insta motator

= machine gun that shoots lasers

Comment

Downloaded and instaled. I'l try this sucker later, it looks awesome.
                  Bleh, you couldn't have imbedded all those files into a *.u file could you? So many of them..:weird:

Comment

Nice :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil
                      The translocator doesn't always come up first. It happens in Instagib sometimes too.
                      The translocator had higher priority than the canon so it popped up first when I spawned.

Comment

Dude

Wheres Fly 7? I gave up on this game till fly 7 comes!

Comment

Re: Dude

I'm sorry that I haven't managed to better please more people with this weapon. Do you not like the idea of a minigun at all, or is it that you would have like to see a more unusual interpretation of it, or something else? I am always happy to hear suggestions.

Originally posted by defalc
                          ...Bleh, you couldn't have imbedded all those files into a *.u file could you? So many of them..:weird:
                          I could compile it as a single package, but I prefer to have several because it compiles much faster, it's easier for me to keep track of what I have, and it makes patching easier, since I can change a single package so you don't have to download the whole thing again.

Originally posted by DaNcO
                          The translocator had higher priority than the canon so it popped up first when I spawned.
                          Hmmm... I set the default priority higher than the translocator, but UT2003 seems to place it lower in the list anyway. I might put a note in the readme about that. Strange thing is that it often does come up first, but sometimes the translocator does.

Originally posted by bigtoe
                          Wheres Fly 7? I gave up on this game till fly 7 comes!
                          It's being worked on. There are six times as many wing meshes and skins in this version, so it's not going to be quick. I will post a new screenshot in the FlyMutator7 thread in a minute...

Comment

Okay a couple of things:
                            - The arena mutator removes health pickups and stuff, which is probably intentional but imho it should be left there. It removed the jumpboots from Deck17. :sour:

- The Replacement one, when you click configure it says 'Firechucker' instead of Fyrian Cannon. Little bug there.

- The muzzle flash is pretty small for such a large gun, I barely noticed it on first glance. A gun that big needs a big muzzle flash.

- There's little to distinguish between primary fire and secondary fire VISIBLY: the barrels don't appear to spin faster, the muzzle flash isn't bigger etc. Changing them would make it seem more unique.

- When it overheats you could have the little electronic panel like go out or something, then come back on when it's cooled down.

- Perhaps a different firing noise for the secondary? A faster, bassier one perhaps. Ie: Instead of 'tugga tugga tugga', a fast 'BRAAAATTTTTTTT' - it's big, let it be heard.

- When it's cooling, perhaps some steam from the barrels and a little humming noise?

Otherwise, it's hell cool.

Comment

I think that the main problem of that weapon is the mesh. I mean... I prefer 6 piped miniguns. Three piped ones look like crippled or smthing

Comment

Working...
                              X