New Maps - 2 ONS, 1 DM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Maps - 2 ONS, 1 DM

I have had these 3 maps for a while now, some are more complete than others, but all playable. Just thought I'd release them as is and get some feedback before I do any further work on them. So if you have a chance, try them out and let me know. You can download them HERE

Thanks!

Could you post some screen shots? Oh and put the maps in zip folders

Comment

Same for me: no screenies, no download.

The general thought behind that is that if your map is in any way pleasing to the eye, you would have posted screenies. Hence, I am forced to assume it's fugly until proven otherwise.

Last time I checked, forum rules require you to post screenshots and a direct download link (or at the very least a direct link to the download page).

Comment

Fair enough, I'll get some screenshots up tonight when I get home. That link however goes directly to the download page.

Comment

I saw your screenies on your website. Looking at pictures of your maps makes me think of Quake 3 Arena, or maybe it's just the feeling your website gives me. Your outside textures need to be bigger, so as to prevent that tiling effect. I mean you should create bigger new ones, and not just enlarge the ones you are using. There is one that looks like little lava spots on black rock that is particularly annoying. I haven't played the maps yet, but I'll give it a look personally.

Err... not trying to be rude or harsh, but that's the first impression I received.

Comment

I didn't put screenshots for the maps up yet, hehe. I'm guessing you looked at the screenshots I had up for the Level Up mod. They are all pics from standard maps that ship with the game, with the exception of a few shots from the SpaceFire map. So I'll asume you are talking about the terrain texture I used. I should have the shots up shortly though, as soon as I get home.

Comment

Looked at skyhigh, but spaceFire doesn't show up on in the maps. Skyhigh has potential, but need a lot of beautification.

Comment

Definitely, I just put it together as a quick prototype using existing meshes. I had planned on making all new custom meshes for the entire map.

Comment

OK the screenshots are up.

This Link will take you to the page with links to each of the 3 downloads and links to the screenshots.

Comment

On the DM map, i would advise changing the texture packedge sinec the olny level that used that packadge was made from Maya or 3DS Max And is quite hard to make it look good. Also you need to use trims and such to sexy up the level. For the second level the fog dosent match the skyboxes horizen, and from the pics it looks like it has a camper hitscan. If you can see one base from one base try adding some buildings in the middle. And on that space and lava one, The space spart looked kinda boring and small. As for the lava, the terrain was way to big, The terrain olny used one texture and the lava was kinda boring looking. The laval in Magma was cool because it had holes where it poured in and the texture was much better. But again thats all static mesh.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Mr.suicide__

I am a little confused as to some of your comments though.

1. What do you mean by changing a texture package because it was made in Maya.

2. Not sure what "Trims" are

3. I'll fix the fog/horizon prob, but what is "camper hitscan"

4. When you say the terrain is too big, do you mean too wide/far? Or just oversized compared to the players/vehicles.

I have a feeling these may be dumb questions, if they are, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X