Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ll fix the sky, but I dont care much about the lighting...I made this map in a day and ahlaf and to get that good of a rating Im stilll proud of.

Sides, not always about looks...

I need feedback on gameplay and stuff like that.

NOt lighting and brush nitPicking, thanx though.

HEnce BEta, I guess I needed to be clearer on that.

Comment

Nitpicking would be "this texture is misaligned". This is more the fundamentals of making good looking levels.
      And I wouldn't hold on to the terrible review too tightly, I'd hate to see you stop trying to get better.

Comment

Oh Im not, I think you misunderstand me Angel.

This map I dont really care all that much.

You can take a look at DM-Deadbolt to see a little bit more babied lighting.

I know about the review as well, I am just proud that IT took me little time and got such a good rating...

Thats it..

I dont think Im freakim SupperUber mapper or anything like that.
        Still gotta lot to learn

Nor is the map an example of m best work.

I dont have the time to baby these things right now, Im in school so time is limited.And Im busy doing Highly detailed UC2 conversion maps.

This just cant get that love right now, maybe a few months from now..

LEt me sum it up:
        FOR THIS MAP

All I really care about is: Did you have fun playing the map??

How can I make it more fun for you??

IM gonna redo all my maps "babied" for UT07

Comment

Well, I think the map would be more fun if it looked better.

I never got how some people don't seem to care about releasing sub-par work. You yourself say that it was just a quick job, but you also say it's for an upcoming mod/pack, and it being uploaded to filefront seems to be a bit of a... mistake?
          Now, as far as I know, maps generally don't appear on sites for no reason, and even if they do, a simple e-mail will take care of that problem.

If the map isn't up to your usual standard, and it's going to be released later on as part of something bigger, why are you releasing it now?

My advice: take it off filefront, work on it some more, and then release it with the other UC2 content.

Comment

Ryandar where’s your map?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryandar
              Well, I think the map would be more fun if it looked better.

I never got how some people don't seem to care about releasing sub-par work. You yourself say that it was just a quick job, but you also say it's for an upcoming mod/pack, and it being uploaded to filefront seems to be a bit of a... mistake?
              Now, as far as I know, maps generally don't appear on sites for no reason, and even if they do, a simple e-mail will take care of that problem.

If the map isn't up to your usual standard, and it's going to be released later on as part of something bigger, why are you releasing it now?

My advice: take it off filefront, work on it some more, and then release it with the other UC2 content.
              I love it.....ITS A BETA....First your unsolicited advice is pointless: why would I eliminate peole from beta testing the map??????

May be part of the mod...IF I do put that time into it, whats so hard for people to understand?

Ok can someone be a person, and play the map some, and see if they see any advantages for a team in spawning, or maybe some weapon placement suggestions???

Also Suggestions on an intresting terrain layout would be nice to.

I really dont need you guys to state, and point out obvious things to me.

Comment

Working...
              X