This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Jehuty DOWNLOAD

Ok No drama this time dudes.....whatever on all that stuff.

TO UC2 mod members: I might as well It's already on filefront...
    NO drama...want to test.

FEEDBACK APPRECIATED, but BE NICE

MAP IS BETA NOT ALL DETAIL AND **** ADDED....I want GAMEPLAY FEEDBACK!!!

I was going to not put the Download up, but Filefront posted it, I thought they were'nt but they did so.....

I mainly put up cause some of the guys wanted to play it......ITS MY FIRST and ONLY CTF map I've ever made...

I built it in a matter of days.

This map will possibly appear on THe UC2 mod......You just gotta wait on that!!!

This for MR.Ugly and all the other download and CTF *****......ENJOY!!!

Im proud of it's great rating at FIlefront

CTF-Jehuty-review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Balance: 10
    Quality: 10
    FunFactor: 10
    Creativity: 10
    Item Placement: 10

Overall Rating: 10

Description:
    This map is a medium sized CTF map. It's only real disadvantage is in some of the player starting positions. Beyond that, the map is absolutely awesome.

2 pyramids face each other, both glowing in their respective color, while outside statues and strange colored energy flows beside of a walkway connecting the two pyramids.

This map also features a couple of new powerups I've never seen before in an Unreal Tournament map. What they are and where they are are things you will have to find out on your own

On the Spawning issue:I tried to set it up kinda LIke Face claasic in the spawining......Though there is a littel in the base spawining....I tried to make it symetrical...If you pick on the fact on team has an advantage, then let me know!!!!

Screens:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=512937

DOWNLOAD

http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...F_Jehuty;56824

Thanx:FLYING PORCUPINE!!!!-SuperAdren, and Cricket

UTW_Mephisto for being "Meph"
    Rygar for being old faithful Rygar

WARNING:Rygar will probably PWN you on this map if you encounter him....he's played it more than me...LOL

DM VERSION SERVER:
    ut2004://67.110.179.40:7717

no download avilible....only for 2 server never going to be a full release of DM version.

Huzza i'm a CTF ****!!:up:

I'll post some comments latter shred, its good to see you got it out, can't wait for more maps from you, also when your finished most of the UC2 maps you should package all the textures into a UC2 texture pack and make it downloadable for mappers(they'd have to include you in the readme for the textrues of course) , i can tell some mappers will love them!

Comment

Will test and Post up a Team Based Opinion from The Old Farts Clan, tonite.
      Yea, I'm an OFC and Dangnabit if I can't wait to get My Jimiy on this map!

Comment

Well this one's interesting. I like the angular geometry and the use of textures, those massive statues outside are awesome too. I'm surprised how well Schala's theme fits the map but the actual ogg file is poor, it just cuts short and restarts, But I can just encode a replacement if need be.

So.. is this map gonna get moved to the full releases forum?

Comment

OH really...ok Illl try to fix that.

The .ogg file......

Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants

I'll post some comments latter shred, its good to see you got it out, can't wait for more maps from you, also when your finished most of the UC2 maps you should package all the textures into a UC2 texture pack and make it downloadable for mappers(they'd have to include you in the readme for the textrues of course) , i can tell some mappers will love them!

Nah your a download ****

Comment

After an hour and a half to wait at the hands of file-front I finally downloaded this map.

Unfortunately there’s nothing good about it. The lighting and texturing is horrendous and the detail is even worse. In more simpler terms this map looks cheap, nasty and not worth any ones time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1982
              After an hour and a half to wait at the hands of file-front I finally downloaded this map.

Unfortunately there’s nothing good about it. The lighting and texturing is horrendous and the detail is even worse. In more simpler terms this map looks cheap, nasty and not worth any ones time.

hmmm...sorry you feel that way...your the only one so far

rating at FIlefront

CTF-Jehuty-review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alopexau

So.. is this map gonna get moved to the full releases forum?

Well I want some feedback first befor I make it FINAL FINAL...ya know...

Yo Alex find those things with those eyes of your bro!!!!
                Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants

I will pack all of the UC2 texture from the ENTIRE GAME, and release them, once the UC2 mod is finished.

I fully intended to do this prior to your suggestion.

Comment

huzza!

Comment

Ah ok, I assumed it was final as it wasn't a beta filename.

I guess the only change I would like to see would be darker terrain, to me it seems a little washed out compared to everything around it.

btw, If you need a good copy of the music track, I could send one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredPrince
                      hmmm...sorry you feel that way...your the only one so far

rating at FIlefront

CTF-Jehuty-review

Like people are going to believe this.

That’s like me saying I won the lottery 50 times in a row. Nope its not going to happen right, so why make up such a statement when its so dam obvious its bogus.

Some people.:noob:

Comment

That’s like me saying I won the lottery 50 times in a row. Nope its not going to happen right, so why make up such a statement when its so dam obvious its bogus.

It dose say 10 in all the catagorys at the site...

As for the map the textures usage was plain and kinda boring. Also there wasent much detail. I hope you add much more eye candy in the final release.

Comment

I might, but I just was kinda wantin to crank this one out so........how about playability?

Comment

http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...F_Jehuty;56824

Comment

10? No. Bland lighting, the skybox has a serious perspective problem, and some of the rooms look like cubes with random meshes thrown in.

No, not a single mapper I know can get a 10 in every category.

Although yes, technically every map is just cubes with meshes thrown in, you should work on making it not look like cubes (especially on the inside area ceilings in this map). Take a look at some other maps, the ceilings are broken up with brushes carved out of them, meshes across them etc. You have to really make the cube not look like a cube, broken up with cubby holes etc.

Lighting. There are a lot of lights in here that are at the default hue, saturation and radius. There really shouldn't be any like that, it makes things look very plain and uninteresting. Experiment with subtle hues of color, and make **** sure there's a source for the light. I saw many in this map that looked like they were coming out of nowhere.

That skybox ball mesh needs to be brought down about 84 units or so. Right now it's extremely fish-eyed and it looks very strange. If you want to show it off, you can bring down sections of the wall surrounding the level.

Comment

Working...
                              X