• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-TCMP-Faction(Beta1)

Hey, Here is my first map

Name: TCMP-Faction

Version: Beta 1

Compatibility: UT2004

Description:Can you smell the blood? Or hear the voices of the fallen that never came out? This factory was abandoned during the Cold War. After the Liandri Corporation had bought the factory for the infamous Tournaments in 2023, they took time to renovate the area to ready it for bloodshed. The Liandri Mining Corporation turned the factory into a fast paced CTF match.

Comments: This is my first RELEASED map. Also i think there might be 1 bsp hole.

Screenshot:

Credits: Me, Sjoez for Bot Pathing, Item/Weapon Placement and a bit of optimization, Yoeri 'Cursed_Soul' Vleer for Textures and Static Meshes, Everyone down at TCMP, and SCB for being t3h best clan >_< Hail to the rooster.

Homepage: None
    Download: http://mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3619
    To Come: Alot more optimization and feedback that hopefully people give me.

Please give feedback to help a noob:noob:

Dude, long time no see! Downloading for sure.

Edit: Pretty nice map. Nice flow to the layout, but the framerate wasn't very good.

I found a bsp error.

I also think these two doors should be erased from the map. Keep the one on the second floor, but this will help the map's gameplay not be so straight forward, and forces the player to take a side path.

Good luck man!

Comment

This looks like a nice map, especialy since it's your first. I'm trying to D/L but I'm on lame dialup so it could be a while...

Comment

The removal of the 2 doorways Kyle mentioned may prove useful. I'll have to revise pathing if you decide to do so. Also, I never knew my name had an 'e' in it
        I'm probably nagging when I say this, but seeing the Rankin theme time and time again starts to become a bit boring. Fine execution of the theme.... but it's so not original (probably you're better off waiting to apply a more original theme to any next map that you make instead of altering this one)

Keep it up:up:

Comment

I like the Rankin style CTF, looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Sjosz
            The removal of the 2 doorways Kyle mentioned may prove useful. I'll have to revise pathing if you decide to do so. Also, I never knew my name had an 'e' in it
            I'm probably nagging when I say this, but seeing the Rankin theme time and time again starts to become a bit boring. Fine execution of the theme.... but it's so not original (probably you're better off waiting to apply a more original theme to any next map that you make instead of altering this one)

Keep it up:up:

Agree 100%

Comment

Nice map with fast play, I like it. The steam vents are an original touch (I think).

The only changes I think you should do is to make the stam jump thing more obvoius as I found out about it by accident. make the steam coming out there thicker, faster and more opaque. Also, outside of the windows you can't see much, it would be nice to have a big veiw out over the rooftops of other factory buildings or something outside through the thunderstorm, perhaps even with dynamic light lightning bolts here and there?

Overall, a very nice first map. keep up the good work. :up:

Comment

Thanks for the feed back guys =)

Kyle: I will go ahead and try closing those front bottom doors, might add some more intrest into the gameplay like you said:up: And thanks for pointing out that bug. The bad FPS was due to that all the steam emiters were not xEmiters. Im trying to figure out how to convert them now.

Sjosz: Lol, im dislexic so i cant spell worth s*** I know its the same old rankin style but I wanted to keep it safe with my first map, for the map im working on right now, i dont think it has ever been done.

DCD_123: I will go ahead and make the jump pad a bit more obvious. Also i think adding some roofs would look nice.

I also added the link to all the mapraider mirriors

Comment

Working...
                X