Dead Cat Invasion Map Pack - Beta-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Cat Invasion Map Pack - Beta-4

These are the beta-4 versions ready for comments...Final versions are awaiting the completion of Mr. Evil's FireChucker weapon:

Get the download here:

http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=2560

These maps are beta-4 and are designed expressly for the UT2K3 Invasion game mode.

All of these levels are copyrighted by Epic games and Toonces T. Cat. They may not be used for any purpose other than game-play without the express consent of the copyright holders.

To use these maps do the following:

1.) The file "DM-(B4)Dead-Cat-Invasion-Pack.ut2" is a placeholder...ignore it

2.) Place all of the .ut2 files in your ut2003\maps directory

3.) Unzip WildWestv101.zip and place the files in the following ut2003 directories:

wildwest_v101.u and wildwest_v101.int - ut2003\system

wildwest_sounds.uax - ut2003\sounds

wildwestpak_animations.ukx - ut2003\animations

wildwest_staticmeshes.usx - ut2003\staticmeshes

WildwestSkins.utx - ut2003\textures

The Wild West Colt Peacemaker mutator may be used separately in the "Arena" or "Replacement" modes...IT MUST BE INSTALLED FOR THE DEAD CATS INVASION MAPS TO FUNCTION PROPERLY. Many thanks to Gusher at PreFabLab and Mr. Evil for the outstanding work. The weapon is a total anachronism inside of UT2003...and that is what makes it so much fun! Not to mention that it also kicks some serious monster booty...

Also huge thanks go out to Ghandi and Raven for their great MP5 and Benneli Shotgun.

There have been numerous changes in the maps, especially Shotgun Gulch which is now about half its original size.

****IMPORTANT NOTE #1 - All of these maps contain an Enhanced Shock Rifle. With the exception of Silly Liver, they are very difficult to obtain without killing yourself. In two of the maps they are in secret areas protected by deadly mazes. Make sure that your "World Detail" setting is set to at least "HIGH" or you will not be able to see the things that can kill you.***

****IMPORTANT NOTE #2 - If you have installed an earlier version, you MUST replace the file "wildwestpak_animations.ukx" with the one included in the WildWestv101.zip or YOU WILL GET A VERSION CONFLICT ON THE DEAD KITTY'S UT2003 SERVER...Put simply, if you are prompted to over-write a file for the Wild West mutator, click on "Okay"***

If you want to play the maps competetively on-line, visit the Dead Cat's UT2003 server at: 129.113.170.13 after 5:00pm CST and 24 hours on the weekends and holidays. We run both the CTF and Invasion game-types.

Enjoy!...and watch for the final versions as soon as Mr. Evil finishes his Flamethrower....

-Toonces

cant you implement the new weapons without having to have a mutator activated ??

there are some maps out there that have new weapons and items in it, without the need of activating a mutator
    (mp5, shotgun, boots of jumping etc)

Comment

Cool. Checkin em out now :up:

Comment

Bonnelli shotgun rulez!!! All the weapons are neat. The MP5(I think) is cool. I like the idea of the Colt45 but for Invasion I would save it as my very last weapon. I mean the slow reload plus minimal damage makes it last on my list of weapon choices. But I know you were looking at the authenticity of it and it that regard its alright.

Nice mappack and weapons mod.

Comment

Sounds cool, but I'll just wait till, the final versions this time.

Comment

Working...
          X