XRayVision Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    O yea, great fps loss with rmode 1. Now gonna test your mut.

edit: Same result: great loss

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it's because the geometry is not rendered due to zoning, but rmode1 ignores that. Or I'm being stupid. I'll test it soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even slightly realistic thermal vision would be a monumental task, since you'd have to take care of all weapon fire too.

Meowcat's suggestion seems to have merit, though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You'd think that technically, it would be faster just having to render the geometry and not the textures. Although, Sarge-David is right, it is still rendering it, just now showing it. The restults I've seen (and probably most people) with the FPS is that it is pretty much the same - there is no FPS gain or loss by switching render modes.

Nov4 - I don't know why you'd have FPS loss with this, but what I can tell you is that it is not normal. Most PC's should not have this problem, not even lower end ones like mine.

Meowcat - that is a pretty good idea on how to implement such a thing. I don't know if I'm up for trying it, b/c I'm not very good at unrealscript, but maybe someone else would like to take the challenge.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    um.....it dont make it more complext because all that is what the system is rendering anyway you just dont see it :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I type rmode 1 in any medium map, my fps drops greatly. I'm using a Dell laptop with Intel 2.40 MHz and bad airflow (maybe I should vacuumclean it again one of these days), so the prob might be only at my end...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Considering your system wouldn't have to draw all those textures (and light them, shade them, overdraw them)... why would rmode 1 be more intensive?

My Commodore 64 could draw line graphics...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i can imagine players with a 'low profile'-system getting extreme lags when using this combo. Is there any optimization to let those people use this without lagging like a horny c*nt?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The thermal vision could be done in a few ways. The unrealwiki covers one interesting way (although there is a bug with overlay textures and listen servers that I ran into... ).
    A way that might look pretty cool would be to:
    1. Create a blue overlay on the screen
    2. Attach emitters to all relevant pawns (head and body maybe) that emit thermal looking particles (red center fading to blue?) which can be seen through walls (bZtest=false?). That way it would be kind of like a trail effect...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The `rmode 1` command doesn't work in multiplayer games, for the sake of keeping people from cheating online. With this mutator, you get the same effect in online play, but it will cost you adrenaline so it's not really considered a "cheat".

Update: Looks like there's a bug and it doesn't want to work online, although tests with similar code (from the DeRailer) have worked online.

If I'm not mistaken, I thought someone (if not many people) already made a nightvision mutator. What would be really interesting, would be a thermal vision (like in the movie Predator) mutator, which I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already made it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that looks cool, pretty original. However, you can acheive the same effect by typing "Rmode 1" into the tab message thing, at no adrenaline cost.

Any chance you could do a night vision mutator (increase the gamma level and overlay a green shader to the screen)?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic XRayVision Combo

XRayVision Combo

About
    Shortly after creating the DeRailer, the X-Ray Vision effect seemed like a good standalone idea. This mutator allows you to have the X-Ray Vision adrenaline combo (LRRL). When the combo is enabled, you can see the game in wireframe mode.

ScreenShots
    [screenshot]http://evil.damnclan.com/pics/xray01_big.jpg[/screenshot]

Download
    http://damnclan.com/dl/XRayVision.zip

Homepage
    http://evil.damnclan.com
Working...
X