BodySnatcher Rifle V0.1 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BodySnatcher Rifle V0.1 Beta

This is the mutator based on 4TX4's idea found at http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...d.php?t=472089.

Most of it should be pretty straight forward; the only few things to note is that 1. due to the complexity of this weapon, you have to use its own mutator to add it to the map or else it won't function properly (i.e., this does NOT work with WoRM) and 2. if you use this along with RPG on a dedicated server, make sure that this mutator comes before the RPG.

I'm planning on adding a filter for people who were shot by this rifle before the final version, but for the 0.1 beta I want to focus on the functionality of the gun.

Special thanks goes to 4TX4 for coming up with the great idea!

Full source code (for learning purposes) is included in the .u file for extraction.

Download: http://129.59.50.36/ftp/BodySnatcherV01.zip
    Mirror: http://mirrage.dynamized.com/downloa...natcherV01.zip (Thanks to stephen_wq).
    Because my server has been unreliable recently, if you can mirror it please do.

Anticc kicks you for having it installed

Comment

i'll mirror it.
      http://mirrage.dynamized.com/downloa...natcherV01.zip

Comment

Sounds interesting
        And I got a copy of your avatar somewhere

Comment

Awesome idea, unfortunately I have only managed to get it in-game twice, no matter what I do with weapon replacement in the mutator.:sour:

Comment

Originally posted by screech
            Awesome idea, unfortunately I have only managed to get it in-game twice, no matter what I do with weapon replacement in the mutator.:sour:
            Can you be more specific? What gametype were you trying? What other mutators were you running? And how did you get it to work for those two times?

Originally posted by the_man
            Anticc kicks you for having it installed
            If you put it on your server, you will need to add its MD5 to the list of safe mutators. AntiTCC shouldn't kick you if just have it installed and play on someone else's server, but if that's the case then tell me.

Comment

I'll try to get it working again tonight if i have time, I'll probably have to leave it for tomorrow though.

I tried replacing varius guns (mainly link, flak, rocket, lightning, even tried assualt rifle) in varius gametypes (vCTF, DM, ONS), nad I only managed to get it twice. the first time I think I had just run out of ammo on the weapon it was replacing (lightning gun) and apparently then switched to the bodysnatcher. the other time, I simply picked it u...I have no idea why:bulb:

edit: I'm patched to 3369, if it matters.

Comment

Try play ctf and replace it with the nuke

Comment

Now it works. cool:noob:

Comment

One thing that needs to be added to the DefaultProperties of the rifle
                    GroupOffset=2
                    Otherwise you end up with a "whichever you grabbed last" scenario

Ex: CTF-FaceClassic, replace the deemer with the BS rifle

Comment

Love the idea and the gun is a lot of fun to use.. though there is quite a lot of glitches with it.. here is what i came across..

1. I noticed that you can take over one persons body and while in that body switch over to the body snatcher and take over another persons body while still having control over the first one..

I don't know if this is something you want to keep or not but i think having it where you can only control one body at a time you can't go back and forth taking bodies.

2. This is a bit of a pain when i just take over a person body i have someone else come over and take control of the body i just got. Mabey there should be a way where you can't steel another person's stolen body.

3. When taking over a players body and take out the body snatcher weapon and shot yourself with it.. you kinda glitch up no one has control of any body until the time goes up. i think both players become spectators. until times up.

4. If i have my body taken over and chose to become a spectator while my body is stolen then i join again it will cause my current body to stay in the game making a official clone of myself.. and causing a whole lot of strange glitchy stuff to happen..

a. I can retake my old body after the player that stole it runs out of time.

b. If my old body dies i will instantly teleport to were i died then respawn with the old body and have the new body standing out in the middle of no were.. very funny.

c. You can kill your old body hehe kinda funny.

Thats about all the glitches i found.. also would like to add.. Is it wise to allow players to use this weapon on team mates.. i see to many possibilities of in this case in assault someone seeing there team mate about to do a objective take over there body and take the points and the credit for doing the objective.. plus the team killing factor..

Great job on the mutator love it! you plan on making fixes and making final version of this weapon?

Comment

3. When taking over a players body and take out the body snatcher weapon and shot yourself with it.. you kinda glitch up no one has control of any body until the time goes up. i think both players become spectators. until times up.
                        Funny, when I did that, I switched back to my body, but the bot I originally took over had control of me

Comment

sorry couldn't quite remember what the effects where.. but now that you said that .. your right lol.. still very glichy though..

another thing that i have noticed is that when someone takes over another person's body and someone else shots that other players body somewhere down the line someone gets switched over to specator mode and only returns until the control of players is over..

Comment

Might someone have a working link to this file?

Comment

Buffy might have it?

Comment

Working...
                              X