No announcement yet.

DM-TCMP-Gilles [Beta9]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****. Didn't see them. I was having a problem area elsewhere in the level w/ a bsp hole and once I got it fixed I just moved on. Looks like a zoning issue. I'll get that fixed. Thanks man.

-Axe

Comment

Hmmm - http://www.origin-site.com/gillesimages/gillesb2.jpg - Maybe it's just me, Now I've not tested this map yet, but given the lighting and atmosphere in the screenies, that water just looks out of place. I can't help but feel that it should be considerably darker, or murkier...

Comment

Great map Axeman! Very nice additions:up:

Couple things I thought about when flying about, and playtesting this... up to you on whether they're considered...

~ The map is quite expansive. Lot of ground to cover and in a couple spots, it's confusing as to where to go because it looks similar to other areas. eg: where the minigun is.

~ There are 2 large square holes in the middle of the floor in the upper section. I fell through the bigger one a couple of times by accident because I didn't see it. Personally, I think holes should be off to the side of routine pathways. You could put a trim texture around the upper lip to help identify where it is.

~ The dungeon area seems somewhat bland compared to the rest of the map. Perhaps add some barrels, water on the floor and shiney walls, hanging dead veggies, additional creaky sounds.

~ The FPS seem acceptable on my PC. 3Ghz, PIII, 1gb RAM, 1024X680

~ What's with the skeleton on the roof?

~ Several areas with floor meshes or BSP additions/cuts. Use blocking volumes on the floor BSP & turn off collisions on the flat mesh items.

~ Several wall areas with BSP adds/cuts or smeshes that need BVs.

~ Water would look nicer if it were moving/crashing waves below.

~ Theres a small lift that is open too long.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback LS, I appreciate it.

-I have added more landmarking in the rooms as I get down to the nittier-grittier details of the map. Hopefully that will help out.

-I have a metal trim texture around the holes in the floors. Not sure how I can add attention to them that will fit the theme. Perhaps small lights in the flue space so you can see them better?

-Yeah, I haven't done much to the dungeon since I initially did the bsp/mesh work. It will get more life as I get the details ironed out.

-Cool. It was brought to my attention that the torch emitters may seriously hinder performance. An alternative suggestion was given to me and I'm going to try it and see what the fps boost is, but I'll do that after everything is done.

-The skeleton is now gone. I was putting meshes on top of the level so I could quickly grab them and copy/paste them to where I wanted. It will be all clear up there on release. (hopefully I won't forget)

-Not sure where you mean here on the flat floor meshes. There really aren't too many meshes in this level and none on the floor that I can think of.

-I will get some BVs on the walls where I've added protrusions.

-Do you have any suggestions on how I can do that? Example maps? My editing time is sparse, unfortunately, and don't know how to do it (or have the time to learn it).

-Fixed. Thought I had got them all. Missed one.

Thanks again for the feedback!!!!

-Axe

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman3173
            Thanks for the feedback LS, I appreciate it.

-I have added more landmarking in the rooms as I get down to the nittier-grittier details of the map. Hopefully that will help out.

-I have a metal trim texture around the holes in the floors. Not sure how I can add attention to them that will fit the theme. Perhaps small lights in the flue space so you can see them better?

-Yeah, I haven't done much to the dungeon since I initially did the bsp/mesh work. It will get more life as I get the details ironed out.

-Cool. It was brought to my attention that the torch emitters may seriously hinder performance. An alternative suggestion was given to me and I'm going to try it and see what the fps boost is, but I'll do that after everything is done.

-The skeleton is now gone. I was putting meshes on top of the level so I could quickly grab them and copy/paste them to where I wanted. It will be all clear up there on release. (hopefully I won't forget)

-Not sure where you mean here on the flat floor meshes. There really aren't too many meshes in this level and none on the floor that I can think of.

-I will get some BVs on the walls where I've added protrusions.

-Do you have any suggestions on how I can do that? Example maps? My editing time is sparse, unfortunately, and don't know how to do it (or have the time to learn it).

-Fixed. Thought I had got them all. Missed one.

Thanks again for the feedback!!!!

-Axe

CTF-BP-Concentrate, Epic's megapack, look at the skybox integration with water, or else try AS-RobotFactory, the pillar and the water...
            I'm still working on my feedback file though

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman3173
              I think a trim - shader/or light in color here would work well:

You have a couple jail grates in the dungeon area on the floor. Not sure if there were a torch or two also (but they may have been fine, going from memory)...

Comment

Originally posted by Sjosz
                CTF-BP-Concentrate, Epic's megapack, look at the skybox integration with water, or else try AS-RobotFactory, the pillar and the water...
                I'm still working on my feedback file though
                Or AngelMapper's CTF-CannonFodder.

or imo, the best-looking: Hourence's ONS-Dinora

:up:

Comment

Working...
                X