Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WalkDon'tRun [Alpha]

Hi all,

Inspired by the SAS sniper server and the sniper servers of UT99. This is a simple mut that prevents people running around the map too much. Would appreciate any feedback.

http://www.sweavo.34sp.com/misc/utmo...DontRun_64.tgz
    http://www.sweavo.34sp.com/misc/utmo...Run_64_src.tgz

This is alpha, which means features present are thought to be working just about right, and features are missing.

The next things to add are configurability by the user, and I'm considering breaking out the architecture into a pattern class so that other mut authors can easily create mutators that enforce player behaviour.

Thanks,

Steve/sweavo/chutneyferret.uk

Cool idea

I'll give it a whirl!

Comment

heres an idea, give an stamina meter, when ever any one runs, the stamina drops, when its all gone the plyer is forced to walk until thestamina recharges

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by AKAKing
        heres an idea, give an stamina meter, when ever any one runs, the stamina drops, when its all gone the plyer is forced to walk until thestamina recharges
        That's a neat idea. I tried to draw an energy bar on the player's screen instead of the numbers but couldn't draw anything! Still not sure on how you force a player to walk either, though I have a line of enquiry that looks likely. (the native Player class and the PlayerController class look like good starting points)

This mutator isn't wanted anyway by the players on the server I wrote it for so it's being retired for now. If anyone wants to pick up the coding effort, I'd be glad to help out.

Comment

Ah, so maps have more of a tactical feel? Neat! This mut + Remote Strike + good map = It's like a whole other game.

Comment

..aww, and here I thought it was something that would go well with my hovering surfboard..

Dicky B (anti-bunnyhopping always good for anything realisticky, though)

Comment

Working...
            X