BR-LavaPits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR-LavaPits

Small BombingRun map i made for the [HEAD] clan server, made to be played as low gravity and air control but i have also included a normal gravity map. You will die allot in this map if you are not carefull
    http://brucedunton.com/Files/BR-LavaPits.exe

This map is absolutely fabulous, just look at the craftsmanship that went into the ceiling.

Comment

well, i did'nt make it to be the best looking map in the world

Comment

Give some constructive feedback will you? I'll download soon and give feedback

Comment

Mr.Pepsi, if and i mean if thats meant to be sacarasm, then thats not appreciated or fair on broose here.
          As for feedback, looks alright for a small game. As for your ceiling it looks bland, and well too flat lol:haha: . Maybe open it up with an skybox, or those side pillars have them run across the ceiling as well. As for your walls check out BR-Anubis, its architechture will be an advantage to you. The walls really need deco with meshs, some cut into walls etc and different textures, also a few missing or loose bricks. On lighting you need a lot more lights in ther, considering from the screen theres only 4 lights the room is pretty well lit up. Get some more in, and make the red lights over the lava have a low saturation figure, this will make the red darker and loose the pink colour. Also around the lava get some trim, so it doesn't look like the bsp is just cut in.
          One final thing, don't make you maps .exe, many people won't download because of that, zip or rar it up.

I hope that helps

MsM

Comment

An Egyptian themed really small BR map? That sure sounds familiar. Not having played the map, but merely by looking at the shots, the detail is a bit lacking. It so happens that I've made this type of map myself, maybe you can find some inspiration to add detail with my map?

http://mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1956

Comment

well it is my very first map and i really only made it for our server. it suits our gametype of low gravity bombing run, fast and furious.i willput more eye candy in future maps as i learn more things, you can play it here

ut2004://212.187.209.56:7777

Comment

Mr.Pepsi, if and i mean if thats meant to be sacarasm, then thats not appreciated or fair on broose here.
                I was being nice as it was almost new year. You people need to chill and take comments with a pinch of salt. Broose to it well and replied to me correctly, he did not need you to back him up mate.

You see i am a nice person and was only trying to lift his spirits, that’s it.

Comment

Looks cool, ya BR is like basketball ... just need an open feild with two goals ... more stuff add some game element but the % ppl who enjoy these varitions is small.

Comment

Re: BR-LavaPits

Nice map, and a great first map. My first map was terrible
                    The only suggestion I could make is instead of including a separate texture package, just include the textures into myLevel. Half of the textures in your included tex pack are default textures anyway. The ones of yor clan logo are cool. If you include them, it just makes it much easier to manage the map and to host it on other servers. If I have to create a compressed file for BOTH map and texture pack, it is likely I won't do it and I'll just move on. Just my 2 cents. Keep mapping!

Comment

Re: BR-LavaPits

Cheers, at the time i never new you could include the textures in the map file but i will from now on

Comment

Working...
                      X