ctf-inner-sanctum-progress-beta-download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ctf-inner-sanctum-progress-beta-download

I hope you are all recovered from christmas..And looking forward to new year
    Please give the download a try.
    I have tried to do something fresh with the tired old egyptian theme...Have given the map a modernist look with a flavour of old style egypt ...And I think it works quite well..so far..Hope you do too.

Things completed or partially completed in this beta..
    Layout............................. 100%
    Texture Placement............. 100%
    Deco additions.................100%
    Trim........................... 95%
    Working movers................. 80% At present monorail movers work by actor bumping but in final they will operate by a onboard trigger..with a deco added to mover so you know where to stand..to trigger movement
    Lighting........................90%
    Optimization....................70% I am presently tweaking all the static meshes cull distance..So you might see some SM
    vanishing in distance ..these will all be fixed for final

Weapon bases in place...but choice of weapons not added yet..ideas wellcome

Things to do.

Sound effects and music to add.
    AI....weapon placement and pathing.

Please let me know how the frame rate is doing in present state..
    All feedback very greatly appreciated..Link to beta below.

new-beta-download

yay your new CTF map !

I love your maps so much really nice looking again !!!
    thank you ! :heart:

Comment

Have built central lifts to go from underground up to upper walkway after advice....And have removed stairs/ramps from underground section

Have timed central lift so if you hit it running you can get to middle level without breaking stride..so maintaining flow..and stay on lift to go to upper walkway...so no need for added kickers...

Comment

Map looks good! You should ask Evil<3 to test, he's a crazy tester!

Comment

Have updated beta link at start of thread....the new beta is current with new screens...If you have time next year ..please check out new lifts and let me know what you think....HAPPY NEW YEAR one and all! :beer:

new-beta-download

Sorry the colour and brightness are screwed in screens looks better in game.

Comment

Man that high res!! Wish i could run UT2k4 like that *sigh*!

Comment

Re: ctf-inner-sanctum-progress-beta-download

Nice map. I've downloaded it and ran around a bit. The zoning is good, but because of the layout of the map, the zones don't help to occlude much in certain areas. Frames are pretty good on my system (6800 gtoc, p4 3.0c), but I think you could increase frame rates dramatically with more anti portals. Use rmode 1 when testing and examine what is being occluded and what is not. You'll see a LOT of ploys in certain areas.

I love the look and lighting and everything else. It's fricken awesome! May I suggest that you also release a BR version?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Comment

That was actually a old beta you downloaded my fault should have updated link..Here is the updated more optimized map..changed textures and lighting since last beta looks better and runs better...thanks for taking the time to download the map..very pleased you liked it..here is the updated link if you want to try new version

new-beta-download

Thought the map would be a bit small for BR..but might knock one out when ctf-version is finished

Comment

Downloading!

Comment

Love egypt, love this.

:up:

Comment

Working...
                    X