ONS-Araja final version released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've decided to release the final version of the map. Sorry if I didn't make some changes you suggested but I simply got bored of this map..

link: http://www.minifloppy.it/ons-araja.zip

i'll also make a thread in the final release forum.

thank you for all your comments and help guys!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Minifloppy, spend some time cleaning up the terrain and cleaning the edges.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by minifloppy[ita]
    ..why? are there too less vehicles? should i increase the player count? or.. what else?
    There's a lot of terrain that serves no purpose but to increase travel times. Fighting concentrates around the nodes anyway. You shouldn't need jumppads for pedestrians. Everything should be in easy walking distance without them.

As an experiment, you could try scaling the map down by as much as 50% and see how it plays. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice map... the thing I did'nt like is:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a really good map -- very nice work, minifloppy.

One suggestion I have is to remove the kill zone at the bottom of the canyon ... I only mention this for two reasons: first, you've got a lot of interesting structures and detailed features down there, which look great, but it leaves the exploring types feeling disappointed that they're not allowed to play around in there. And second, I admin a few low-grav modded servers, and one of the biggest draws for the people that play there is being able to explore every nook and cranny of a map.

So part of me would really like to add this map to the rotation, but I'm kind of on the fence about it because of how it's a little restrictive in this regard.

May I suggest, if you decide to do anything with this, that you add some powerups or superweapons, perhaps underwater or in a hidden cache somewhere, to give some game-relevant incentive for making a trip down to the bottom of the canyon ... and then, I don't know, maybe a couple jumppads, or a series of them, to get back up ... or maybe just make people rely on the flyers.... Don't know, something to think about.

again, strong work on this, vgj :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef
    Make it like on severance. YOu can fliy over the mountains but cannot camp from there because of the IonCannon that targets you.
    as i've said before i won't do this... the map was originally thought to be as it is now.. sorry

In my humble opinion the map is a little too big.
    ..why? are there too less vehicles? should i increase the player count? or.. what else?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make it like on severance. YOu can fliy over the mountains but cannot camp from there because of the IonCannon that targets you.

EDIT:
    In my humble opinion the map is a little too big.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    beta 2 released:
    http://www.minifloppy.it/ons-araja-beta2.zip

changes are in the first message

thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the stallZ is the maximum height you can reach with a raptor from which you will begin to go down

Leave a comment:

• replied
    umm what are stallz? (i'm not a mapper *sigh*)!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants
    what about blocking the view of most of the nodes with medium sized hills or buildings? Than you could get rid of the low blocking volumes for the raptors!
    doing that would require a lot of work... and also wouldn't be possible, or very hard to do, for some nodes! i think I'll lower the StallZ as Xyx suggested!

anyway, other comments on the map?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what about blocking the view of most of the nodes with medium sized hills or buildings? Than you could get rid of the low blocking volumes for the raptors!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ...or lower the StallZ. The reason I mentioned it is that I did indeed crash and die on the blocking volumes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Juggalo_Kyle
    Looks pretty nice from the screenshots. DLing.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by virgo47
    Looks nice...
    About Raptor problem - I really hate to hit the blocking volume - it damages raptor, it is annoying, it is not obvious. E.g. Dinora has the same "problem" for some reason - but when it comes to raptor flight, it is annoying a lot.
    Blocking volume just cliffs (vertical) is not good thing also if they are in the middle of the map - but on the edges it is no problem. Severance has that Ion cannon thing for those reasons (although there is problem to really see a lot of nodes).
    Yeah, I know it is annoying... but you can hit the blocking volumes only by flying very height and only for a moment because the StallZ will take you down! Anyway I could try to place the volumes better..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks nice...
    About Raptor problem - I really hate to hit the blocking volume - it damages raptor, it is annoying, it is not obvious. E.g. Dinora has the same "problem" for some reason - but when it comes to raptor flight, it is annoying a lot.
    Blocking volume just cliffs (vertical) is not good thing also if they are in the middle of the map - but on the edges it is no problem. Severance has that Ion cannon thing for those reasons (although there is problem to really see a lot of nodes).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X