• Time
  • Show
Clear All

beta 2 released:
    http://www.minifloppy.it/ons-araja-beta2.zip

changes are in the first message

thanks all!

Comment

Make it like on severance. YOu can fliy over the mountains but cannot camp from there because of the IonCannon that targets you.

EDIT:
      In my humble opinion the map is a little too big.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
        Make it like on severance. YOu can fliy over the mountains but cannot camp from there because of the IonCannon that targets you.
        as i've said before i won't do this... the map was originally thought to be as it is now.. sorry

In my humble opinion the map is a little too big.
        ..why? are there too less vehicles? should i increase the player count? or.. what else?

thanks

Comment

This is a really good map -- very nice work, minifloppy.

One suggestion I have is to remove the kill zone at the bottom of the canyon ... I only mention this for two reasons: first, you've got a lot of interesting structures and detailed features down there, which look great, but it leaves the exploring types feeling disappointed that they're not allowed to play around in there. And second, I admin a few low-grav modded servers, and one of the biggest draws for the people that play there is being able to explore every nook and cranny of a map.

So part of me would really like to add this map to the rotation, but I'm kind of on the fence about it because of how it's a little restrictive in this regard.

May I suggest, if you decide to do anything with this, that you add some powerups or superweapons, perhaps underwater or in a hidden cache somewhere, to give some game-relevant incentive for making a trip down to the bottom of the canyon ... and then, I don't know, maybe a couple jumppads, or a series of them, to get back up ... or maybe just make people rely on the flyers.... Don't know, something to think about.

again, strong work on this, vgj :up:

Comment

Nice map... the thing I did'nt like is:

Comment

Originally posted by minifloppy[ita]
              ..why? are there too less vehicles? should i increase the player count? or.. what else?
              There's a lot of terrain that serves no purpose but to increase travel times. Fighting concentrates around the nodes anyway. You shouldn't need jumppads for pedestrians. Everything should be in easy walking distance without them.

As an experiment, you could try scaling the map down by as much as 50% and see how it plays. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Minifloppy, spend some time cleaning up the terrain and cleaning the edges.

Comment

I've decided to release the final version of the map. Sorry if I didn't make some changes you suggested but I simply got bored of this map..

link: http://www.minifloppy.it/ons-araja.zip

i'll also make a thread in the final release forum.

thank you for all your comments and help guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X