- some graphic enhancement
    - some vehicles added
    - shock added to all lockers
    - various bug fixes

Name: ONS-Araja
    Version: Beta 2
    Compatibility: ut2k4, latest patch with ECE 1.1
    Description: napali themed ons map
    Comments: all informations in the readme file.
    I took a lot of inspiration from ONS-Valarna and Operation NaPali. Thank you for this incredible map and mod!

Screenshots:
    [screenshot]http://www.minifloppy.it/araja_shots/screenshot.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.minifloppy.it/araja_shots/screenshot2.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.minifloppy.it/araja_shots/screenshot3.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.minifloppy.it/araja_shots/screenshot4.jpg[/screenshot]

Link: http://www.minifloppy.it/ons-araja-beta2.zip

The map is pretty finished right now.

hope you like it!

Wow, nice work! Looks great, plays well!

Random comments:
    • Good link setup.
    • Cliff textures are repetitive. You can see it tile in many places.
    • Ceiling is too low. Raptor can't fly over the mountains.
    • Map is a bit big for my tastes... long walks and hitscan dominated.
    • Great for 32 players.
    • Cool canyon!

Comment

• Cliff textures are repetitive. You can see it tile in many places. I'll try to add some textures..
      • Ceiling is too low. Raptor can't fly over the mountains. I've decided so to solve a lot of problems..(like camping on the cliffs, etc)
      • Map is a bit big for my tastes... long walks and hitscan dominated. There are a lot of jumppad to avoid these problems!!

Originally posted by Xyx
      Wow, nice work! Looks great, plays well!
      Thanks!!

Comment

I can hardly imagine camping on the cliffs to be a problem. You need to waste a Raptor to get there, and how much harm can you really do? Snipe a few people? Spam a few AVRiLs?

Red Planet has big cliffs, but no sane person goes there except by circumstance.

Comment

People on the cliffs would be able to fire to the powernodes from every direction making defense very difficult.. and this wouldn't be very good.

Comment

Try it out, edit it, and release it, if people dont like, go back.
            Downloading....

Comment

Sorry, but I won't do it. It would take a lot of time and testing, while ruining in my opinion the map gameplay.

Comment

Looks pretty nice from the screenshots. DLing.

Comment

Looks nice...
                  About Raptor problem - I really hate to hit the blocking volume - it damages raptor, it is annoying, it is not obvious. E.g. Dinora has the same "problem" for some reason - but when it comes to raptor flight, it is annoying a lot.
                  Blocking volume just cliffs (vertical) is not good thing also if they are in the middle of the map - but on the edges it is no problem. Severance has that Ion cannon thing for those reasons (although there is problem to really see a lot of nodes).

Comment

Originally posted by Juggalo_Kyle
                    Looks pretty nice from the screenshots. DLing.
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by virgo47
                    Looks nice...
                    About Raptor problem - I really hate to hit the blocking volume - it damages raptor, it is annoying, it is not obvious. E.g. Dinora has the same "problem" for some reason - but when it comes to raptor flight, it is annoying a lot.
                    Blocking volume just cliffs (vertical) is not good thing also if they are in the middle of the map - but on the edges it is no problem. Severance has that Ion cannon thing for those reasons (although there is problem to really see a lot of nodes).
                    Yeah, I know it is annoying... but you can hit the blocking volumes only by flying very height and only for a moment because the StallZ will take you down! Anyway I could try to place the volumes better..

Comment

...or lower the StallZ. The reason I mentioned it is that I did indeed crash and die on the blocking volumes.

Comment

what about blocking the view of most of the nodes with medium sized hills or buildings? Than you could get rid of the low blocking volumes for the raptors!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. uglyPants
                          what about blocking the view of most of the nodes with medium sized hills or buildings? Than you could get rid of the low blocking volumes for the raptors!
                          doing that would require a lot of work... and also wouldn't be possible, or very hard to do, for some nodes! i think I'll lower the StallZ as Xyx suggested!

anyway, other comments on the map?

Comment

umm what are stallz? (i'm not a mapper *sigh*)!

Comment

the stallZ is the maximum height you can reach with a raptor from which you will begin to go down

Comment

Working...
                              X