Ghost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost.

Well, it dawned on me how to make the Ghosts from CTF-PhaseShift work on any symmetrical map, so here's the mutator version. I've input values for all the symmetrical official maps as well as the CBP ones. If anyone has any requests for maps to be added feel free to let me know, or if you add one yourself just email me the values so I can release periodic updates to the ini file!

Check the ini file to see which maps work with this mutator. For maps not on the list, the Ghosts are not activated.

http://angelmapper.com/Ghost.zip

ATTN SERVER ADMINS: Ghost must be added to ut2003.ini's ServerPackages list for this to work online.

For mappers, here's a guide for how to add your map to the ini file:

For diagonally mirrored maps such as CTF-CBP-Concentrate, the bXYSwitch might need to be set to True.

very cool angle as always great job

WOOTHA

Comment

great mutator :up:

maybe you could make it work automatically with every symetrical ctf map ??

make it calculate the level from the spawnpoints to mirror the ghosts or something like that (dont know if its possible)

Comment

now THIS is cool! THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by supernewbie
          great mutator :up:

maybe you could make it work automatically with every symetrical ctf map ??

make it calculate the level from the spawnpoints to mirror the ghosts or something like that (dont know if its possible)
          And while I'm at it I can program bots to be able to figure out how to navigate levels by themselves with no pathnodes. Na, making this automatically detect symmetrical maps would be more trouble than it's worth, and most maps aren't perfectly symmetrical.

Comment

omgomgomg, this rocks

buuuuuut..

imagine if there was a mutator where if you died you become a ghost who can do crazy things and the only way to come back to life is to kill someone who is alive. imaaaaaaaagine i say. *hint hint*

Comment

Originally posted by anarkist
              imagine if there was a mutator where if you died you become a ghost who can do crazy things and the only way to come back to life is to kill someone who is alive. imaaaaaaaagine i say. *hint hint*
              other than the coming back by killing a "living" player, you just described one of the components of Mysterials UT2003RPG

Comment

angel, i thought i asked before, but dunno where...

is it possible to integrate the ghost-mut in the map, like mr.evil offers it with the boots of jumping , means without putting the mutator to the list of serverpackages?

serverpackages are very unpopular on public servers

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                  Well, it dawned on me how to make the Ghosts from CTF-PhaseShift work on any symmetrical map, so here's the mutator version.

Comment

argh :bulb:

okokok, but i can't take it out of phaseshift and buid it in my own map, can i?

and if yes, how?

edit:

angels readme:
                    To have Ghosts work properly on a server, PhaseShift.u must be added to the ServerPackages list.
                    but the boots work without this serverpackage :weird:

Comment

Hell if I know, I don't map at all. I'm just the resident crosshair creator

Comment

Just open up the PhaseShift.u file if you want to add it in as an actor. PhaseShift.u will still have to be added to the ServerPackages list for clients to see them.

Comment

hmm, but if i look at the jumpboots, they work without adding the serverpackage, like in ctf-bollwerkruins.

wouldn't it be possible, to make ghost work in a similar way?

Comment

Meh.

Comment

Working...
                            X