• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Advent Project [Alpha]

The Advent Project
    ver. 1.0
    UT2004(3355 and later)

The Advent Project is a rail shooter in the same vein as House of the Dead and Time Crisis. Player's have little control over where they go, but they can shoot anywhere on the screen. The game works great with a PC light gun if you have one. This is a pretty early demo, only about a half of a level, but I think it's a promising look at what's to come.

Please read the README.txt, it contains install information as well as credits and known issues.

Direct download link
    http://www.imacarrot.com/Advent_Demo.exe

More info and screenshots
    http://www.imacarrot.com

Thanks,

Carrot

Looking nice dude. Might download later.

Comment

Awesome! :up:

Comment

I sometimes go down to the arvade to play this stuff!, Awsome!

Comment

so kick ***
          btw have fun with that stand thing^^

Comment

Thanks for the comments, anyone give it a download and try it out yet?

Carrot

Comment

When I try to open It Give me a RunTime Error!? Other than that it looks nice fix the runtime thing and you'll be good to go!

Comment

Do you have the latest patch and bonus packs? I'm actually curious if anyone else has been able to play it, I tested it on a computer with a fresh UT2004 + latest patch + the bonus packs and it worked fine.

Carrot

Comment

I just tested it and not much luck.
                  Its because you have to have UT2004 installed to C:UT2004, whereas mine is at C:Program Files\UT2004 and it didnt like that because it couldnt find C:UT2004\Advet etc. So I made a folder on C:UT2004 and pasted Advent folder in that. It then loaded the map and as soon as I was in it said I would be kicked for Idling or something, and I didnt know what to do so I gave up.

Comment

That's an easy fix. Once you have it installed in your normal ut2004 directory (C:Program Files\UT2004 in your case) right click on the Advent shortcut and select properties. In the Target box, you should see this:

C:\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe c:\UT2004\Advent\Maps\AD-Title.ut2??Class=Test.ViewPawn?NumBots=0 -mod=Advent

This is my quick way to tell the game what map to load so the player doesn't have to go through any interface screens, it's a cheat I know, but it works for now . All you need to do is change the paths so they reflect your install folder, I figure yours should look like this once you change it:

C:\Program Files\UT2004\System\UT2004.exe c:\Program Files\UT2004\Advent\Maps\AD-Title.ut2??Class=Test.ViewPawn?NumBots=0 -mod=Advent

You should be able to just copy and paste that above into your target path, just make sure you delete all of the old stuff before pasting the new info in

Hope that fixes it for you and I explained it alright, as for the getting kicked for idling problem, this should be because you aren't running the mod from the right folder, so the fix up above should fix that as well.

Sorry for any inconvenience, I'm not sure how to fix that kind of problem so it doesn't happen again, guess I'll have to post this in the FAQ

Carrot

Comment

I'm d/ling now I have the latest patched Edition. Will test and post up any error text I might get when I run it, that way you have something to research for a resolution.

Comment

Will be cool when its finally done. played it but found when I shot I was'nt doing any damage. In fact I got all the way to the end without really killing anyone with my gun. Also I think the weapon needs to change, need to be_able to see the bullets.

Comment

Thanks for trying it out! You can do damage with the gun, but like I said in the readme, accuracy is still off and changes throughout the game for some reason. Needless to say, it's a little harder to hit the enemies than it should be, working on fixing that. I agree that it should be easier to see where you have shot, right now it spawns some sparks, but nothing too noticable.

It'll only get better

Carrot

Comment

Yea, also have the freemouse ability too if possible? Its good so far like it but there is indeed more work to be done from what I'v seen but you have something very promising in the works on this. Good job. Especially with the limited resources you have at your disposal. Oh and FYI loved the Console Booth you're working on.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, it certainly was a challenge to get this much done so quickly. I'm going for a more classic approach to this type of game, so having the mouse function as a freelook wouldn't work. Besides, I can't figure out how it would work to have mouse freelook and be able to shoot anywhere on the screen at the same time.

The cabinet turned out really good, there's more pics of people playing it on my site in the events section.

Carrot

Comment

Working...
                              X