Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by o_0
    Got it. Will give it a go

Edit: Well I gave it a run and I enjoyed it. I'm new to mapping, so I can't comment much on the overall layout of the map, but I did like that it had a lot of Z axis action, the lighting was good, and those glass areas were a nice touch too. I did notice that in the description of the map, there are a few grammatical errors which you might want to correct before your final release

Btw, how long did it take it you to create and how long have you been mapping in general?
    Yeah i need to sort out the description, did the level preview work ok? Its not working on my machine for some reason. The map has taken about 2 months, but i haven't been working on it all the time. I've been mapping since UT2K3 came out, so thats about 3 years ago.

virgo47

Good point about the flak & r/l, best thing i can do is swap the bio with the flak. That way the flak is in the open & near the shock, making it a bit of risk to get. Its also a bit further away from the r/l as well.

thanks both for testing, i'm going to make a few final changes.

MsM

Comment

Just played through the final bet and found these:

Is this hole meant to be here ?
      http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic14rx.jpg

Following two are floating pipes, other than that i think its good to go final.
      http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic24hr.jpg
      http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic37jz.jpg

Comment

Wow. I love it... Maybe a tad too much clutter in places, but it's okay. Can't wait for the final.

:up:

Comment

Last set of suggestions :-)))

- Don't change flak and bio... bio is too close to shock and that would be too powerfull combination (flak+shock = complementary weapons ;-)). And ... it is not farer anyway (farer by air distance don't matter ;-))... really, tried it. This layout really can work when I tried it. Keep it please.
          - Ambient... off... still all those noise! Please, make all ambient sounds working only if ambient is on. Map should be quiet absolutely when ambient is off. Don't touch lift/jumppad sounds, they are needed of course.
          - We've played it with friend, and it works well. Don't change weapons, just sounds. ;-)
          - Last small things... on many places there are two wall meshes mirrored and they are overlaying... it looks wierd when I took a closer look because I can actualy "see" the other (invisible) side (of course, I see nothing ;-)). It's just a detail - no reall problem though. ;-)
          - GOOD work... :-)

PS: I hosted game and my friend's UT2004 started to download map from my server although he had it. Changed name to something without spaces and it works. Avoid spaces, even in betas - I didn't know that they can cause this problem, but they can. ;-)

Edit: I forgot one thing... FPS are a little bit sub-par for me. Rankin is bigger level and runs much smoother. I checked it with rmode 1 and there are too many static meshes rendered out of sight - maybe some antiportals may help - but I'm not an expert. (Still not finished with my "test" map. :-)) But if you can fix it, you should.

Comment

Originally posted by J112
            Just played through the final bet and found these:

Is this hole meant to be here ?
            http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic14rx.jpg

Following two are floating pipes, other than that i think its good to go final.
            http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic24hr.jpg
            http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic37jz.jpg
            cheers mate, where is that hole? the pipes i'ii get rid off.

musilowski

cheers dude:up:

virgo47

i've swapped the flak & bio, but i can easily change them back again. As for the sounds i'ii leave those on, as a lot of people like them. However i will sort that out for you. Can you show me a pic of those meshs please. Yeah i forgot about the space thing. I have placed anitportals in the map, but haven't checked them out properly yet, so i'ii take a look and maybe use cull distances as well.

many thanks, final should be out by weekend if all goes to plan

MsM

Comment

Sounds - no no... don't give them away, just make them ambient only. Look at Rankin (fixed edition rather ;-)) - there are sounds - a lot of them, but when we want to play it seriously, atmosphere must go away - we're switching ambient off (you can't do it in menus anyway, console command only). So your map WILL have atmosphere you want and we can play it without noise when we want. :-) It gives us choice.

I did not look at the way you put those sounds in level, but there is this possibility and it's the best one I think. Of course, there are maps where ambient on and off does not make difference... if I stay by Hourences' maps I can name Sae, Rrajigard, ... But I prefere Rankin style (fixed edition without thunder and with lift audiable always).

Comment

Originally posted by virgo47
                Sounds - no no... don't give them away, just make them ambient only. Look at Rankin (fixed edition rather ;-)) - there are sounds - a lot of them, but when we want to play it seriously, atmosphere must go away - we're switching ambient off (you can't do it in menus anyway, console command only). So your map WILL have atmosphere you want and we can play it without noise when we want. :-) It gives us choice.

I did not look at the way you put those sounds in level, but there is this possibility and it's the best one I think. Of course, there are maps where ambient on and off does not make difference... if I stay by Hourences' maps I can name Sae, Rrajigard, ... But I prefere Rankin style (fixed edition without thunder and with lift audiable always).

I'ii sort the sounds out then mate.

MsM

Comment

Working...
                X