change log :-

* Tweaked lighting

* Removed big steps & replaced with ramp

* Moved mini health pack into red corner room

* Added sound to jump-pad

* Added general sound & music

* Sped up lift movements

* Added level preview

feedback again is appreciated. I'm looking mainly for anything which needs blocking volumes, also feedback on sounds.

MsM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download link for beta 2 http://files.filefront.com/DM_Phoeni.../fileinfo.html

feedback is apperciated

MsM

New screens of the progress so far, need to do pathing & optmizing also need to tie up loose ends before another beta.

thoughts, feedback & suggestions apperciated

MsM

Hi chaps,

Been working on this map for a short while, was wondering if you lot could d/l and let me know what you think of the layout. This alpha is purely for layout test, there is only one spawn, an temp lift (health mesh), no lighting & temp textures. So please, no one give feedback saying lighting is **** etc.

I have posted screens, as its just textured bsp with no lighting, but if you like i can get some up a.s.a.p. The map file size is only 73k! so i don't think it will be much hassle downloading.

Again suggestions, improvements etc are appreciated.

If you wish, you may make changes to the layout and e-mail me the map.

Many thanks.

MsM

Looking nice. Maybe the room with the PlayerStart is a bit too open (IMO)?

What theme are you gonna do?

Comment

What’s up with the textures? Please do not say its an alpha because I now but you could still try and make it look well textured like Soma has.

Comment

Any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski
          Looking nice. Maybe the room with the PlayerStart is a bit too open (IMO)?

What theme are you gonna do?
          I'ii check that room, i'm going to use Crash theme with an outsdie skybox.

Mr Pepsi

Whats the point, its a layout test you don't need nice textures to try the layout.

Mr. uglyPants

I'ii get some up mate.

MsM

Comment

Jumping around for a while

Comments/impressions/suggestions/questions: :-)
            1 - what will be this?
            2 - I don't like combination of steps with another ramp up. One or another.
            3 - steps to... corner? :-)
            4 - too many single steps everywhere - one marked X really annoyes me (must jump, but it is not obvious)
            5 - jumping to lift is not triggering it
            Y - another place with many steps - too many height levels are not bat per se, but map looks not consistent to me
            A, B - both rooms are reaaally too big - maybe some pillars and another details will solve this ;-)
            I see whole map as open too much - only few places are suitable for real close-quarter combat

Is it intended to be duel map?

Comment

Originally posted by virgo47

Comments/impressions/suggestions/questions: :-)
              1 - what will be this?
              2 - I don't like combination of steps with another ramp up. One or another.
              3 - steps to... corner? :-)
              4 - too many single steps everywhere - one marked X really annoyes me (must jump, but it is not obvious)
              5 - jumping to lift is not triggering it
              Y - another place with many steps - too many height levels are not bat per se, but map looks not consistent to me
              A, B - both rooms are reaaally too big - maybe some pillars and another details will solve this ;-)
              I see whole map as open too much - only few places are suitable for real close-quarter combat

Is it intended to be duel map?
              1. Glass floor will be flush with that height, i put the skybox there so people know something will be there.

2. I'ii check that out, i'ii properly replace with an ramp or have all steps.

3. those steps are temp, will have a proper set of mesh steps in there, still tweaking to do on that after looking at it.

4. Single steps, i take it you mean the raised platforms etc, i'ii drop those down to size.

5. Don't worry about lift, its only temp.

The map is big because i scaled it up by 1.25, might have been too much:bulb: . As for the big rooms i'ii divide it up, or add pillars or something as you suggested.

Many Thanks for your feedback, great help:up:

MsM

Comment

I think B is good. The map needs atleast one open area. I think A is too open.

Comment

OK, one big room can be there - of course. Spammy "can't aim" myself will keep off it. :-))) I'll wait for another release.

Never did any alpha (nor beta) test - so I did not really know what to mention and what not - and of course - half of the things are mere opinions. Looking forward for pick-up placement.

Comment

Whats the point, its a layout test you don't need nice textures to try the layout.
                    So I can get a better feel. It only takes 2 minutes to do and my eyes will not be so unwanting to test your map. Why do you think Soma does it for fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pepsi
                      So I can get a better feel. It only takes 2 minutes to do and my eyes will not be so unwanting to test your map. Why do you think Soma does it for fun?
                      If you think nice textures will make it feel better layout wise i can do that, all i'ii do is just align them. While i'm on the job it has no lighting, your not fussed about that are you . Maybe soma does it fun, i'm not sure lol....but my point is i want the layout tested. PM me your e-mail addy and i'ii send an aligned texture version.

virgo47

I'm going to spilt the bigger room up, and do some other changes. I'ii get another beta/alpha up soon.

MsM

Comment

You should put down weapons and pickups for an alpha, imo.

Too early to tell on the basic layout - it seems ok, aside from there being the big holes in the floor and some steps that are too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Luv_Studd

Too early to tell on the basic layout - it seems ok, aside from there being the big holes in the floor and some steps that are too high.
                          +1

in order to get the layout flushed out properly, you have to be able to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luv_Studd

I'm going to agree with this too... you know that we use that way of development for UCMP, Yournan, and you know we have weapons in an alpha version, without it, you can never tell whether the map is good.

Comment

Is it just me or does it feel huge.

Any way i agree, get some weapons in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X