[MAJOR UPDATE]DM-Pressure from UT[BETA 2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MAJOR UPDATE]DM-Pressure from UT[BETA 2]

Alright, I finally got beta 2 done! This has TONS of fixes, here is a list of the ones I can remember off the top of my head:

-Pressure chamber is now bug free
    -Textures are no longer grainy and ugly
    -You can now shoot the buttons on the pressure chamber to activate it, just like in UT
    -You can now see blood effects and other emitters through the windows
    -I fixed the problem where your rockets or other projectiles would explode in your face if you fired them near the surface of the water
    -You no longer see splashing under the water
    -I increased the ambient brightness a little
    -Various texture alignment and scaling fixes
    -FPS increase in some areas

I have fixed all the bugs I know about, and this is pretty much ready for a final release, other than some bot pathing issues I need to figure out, and if anybody else finds any bugs. If you did not download the first beta, this one is definitely worth it. I have found that playing this map with this ripjack mutator is very very fun:
    http://files.filefront.com/ripjackv1.../fileinfo.html
    The weapon is so well done it looks like it was made by epic IMO.

Anyway, here is the download link:
    http://www.unreal.ie/dl/maps/dm/DM-Pressure-beta2.zip

I will also host the final on nalicity, they dont let you upload betas.

Here are the new screen shots:

Here is the original post:
    Originally posted by martinblank
    I recently installed and played UT: GOTY, and it brought back a lot of old memories. The biggest one perhaps was DM-Pressure. I always loved that map in UT, it was so fun to trap somebody in the pressure chamber and watch them pop! It was foolish on Epic's part for not including DM-Pressure with UT2004, and since I am now officially on my holiday break, I had some time to sit down and see if I could get DM-Pressure remade for UT2004. Now I will say something up front. I am no mapper and I really have no imagination, so this virtually the same as the map from UT, it uses the same BSP (scaled up for UT2004's movement of course), and the same textures and sounds. It's really the best I can do. The thing that makes this one stand out from all the other pressure remakes, is that is uses a real, working triggered pressure volume. Many thanks to Blitz from unrealplayground.com for that. The pressure volume on UT2004 works a little differently than the one in UT. In UT, it would cause the player to expand and then explode in a shower of body parts. In UT2004, it causes the player to implode, and burst in a shower of body parts. Other than that they are basicly the same. I must ask, that please nobody change anything in the beta without asking me. Once I release the final version, you will be allowed to do whatever you like with the map, but first I would like to stamp out the bugs. You can contact me at:
    martinblank64(at)comcast.net

Now enough jibber jabber, here are some screens ingame (click them to enlarge them):

Last but not least, the download link
    http://rapidshare.de/files/9344214/D...-beta.rar.html

Sorry for the odd webhost, but nalicity takes a few days for the map to appear and unreal playground is appearntly down right now.

Looking forward to this one.

I find it funny that the Gun expands in the pressure chanber... ...instead of the character.

Oh, and you could also add some details to make it look more UT2k4ish.

I will check the scale for gameplay later.

Comment

No I don’t have RAR my pc hates it for some reason.

Any zip version would be appreciated.

Comment

For RAR, just download WinRAR:
        http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
        It works basicly just like winzip, but I use it because it makes files smaller than zip. The gun dosn't get bigger, the player gets smaller. Thats the thing with the pressure volume in UT2004. And there are no settings to change that like there were in UT.

Comment

I don´t like RAR files, they make files smaller, but even if you´re on dialup you´d only see a few seconds difference in downloading times.

But I can still open them without a prob so it´s ok. :up:
          I love DM-Pressure, I´ll download the final version.

Comment

Beta 2 is almost done. It is going to have HUGE fixes, the main ones are that the textures are no longer going to be grainy and ugly as they are in beta 1, and the pressure chamber should have all the bugs ironed out of it (hopefully). Other not as significant fixes will include a little bit brighter ambient light, you will now be able to see the blood effects and other emitters through windows, I fixed the bug where you see water splashing under the water, I fixed the bug where sometimes rockets and other projectiles would blow up in your face if you tried to fire them in the water near the surface, and various texture alignment and scaling fixes.

Comment

Just a day ago I deleted some version called PresureII for UT2k4 because of scale. :-) I will check this one because I liked Presure on FFA fun DM on old UT. :-)

20.12.: I changed my mind because of download... my IP is already downloading (yeah, because we're metropolitan network with one gateway and private address space) and when I tried from another host - too many users were downloading. Hate registration, so I gave up. But I will try final downloaded from BU FileWorks. ;-)

Comment

PM me if you want unreal.ie to host this when it's ready

Comment

Beta 2 released, see first post.

Comment

I can't download to the unreal.ie webserver using that download link.
                    Redirects are the spawn of satan *points to sig*

Comment

http://www.unreal.ie/dl/maps/dm/DM-Pressure-beta2.zip

Comment

Do you know about Unreal Tournament Revolution? This is the kind of stuff they need. Please submit your map to there, otherwise it may get lost eventually after your topic dies.
                        www.getutr.com or post in their general discussion topic.
                        Im not part of their team, im just promoting it and the more GOTY maps the better (its what they need)

edit: And i seriously think your map will play exellent in that mod.

Comment

Actually, there are UTR members that check these forums.
                          If you scaled the map up for UT2004 you will have to scale it down to the original size for it to play well in UTR. (and this seemed fine in UT2004 when I played it, so I assume you did) Also, regardless of wheather or not you want to use this in UTR or not, I can give you some higher res textures to replace some of the low res UT textures in the map. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

This is a map from the old UT?

Comment

Looks great from the screens :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X