Transpider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Lynx
    if a spidermine hits another spidermine or a player on the ran, it is rocketed upwards at a great height
    Sarge's transpider does that too
    It's even worse when it comes to the Raptor

Comment

yea, i dont know how to fix that...i tried lowering the kickback thing...donno if it helped at all :/

Comment

That's the engine's collision problem. It's not related to jumps in any way.

As for the second, I did that, but the code won't initialize. Basically, I haven't extended the original spidermine, but created my own class extending UnrealPawn.

Comment

Oh ****, almost forgot.
          I've noticed that if you control a tspider, climb the top of a powercore then detonate, nothing happens. The core recieves no damage
          Lob em onto it and they boom just fine

Comment

i saw a line of code that was something like kick back
            it could be from blocking volumes kickback :/
            or maybe the kick back from firing it,
            gotta look

Comment

Mine doesn't want to work; the files are installed correctly and the mut is active, but the translocater retains its name and I change change to spider-mode with alt fire when there are no beacons.
              What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Ha ha, this is pretty cool.
                I think you should have a togglable light to it, to see in dark places.
                Do you tihnk this would be possible to adapt to a vehicle, i want to make an RC car like this.

Comment

um.....sorry but no for the vehicle thing, be to hard to do that
                  atm i'm still trying to get 3 things working for it

VehicleDamageScale (-5/5)
                  -so you can do 1000x5=5000damage to a vehicle or do no damage to it.
                  DamageRadius (On/Off)
                  -normal or twice as big
                  Range (On/Off)
                  -transbeacon+spiderbeacon launch twice as fast so it can go further.

the only problems atm is
                  VDS needs to be done in the GameRules .uc
                  and i'm not sure where to stick the new numbers for radius and range.
                  but verson....i think 1.5 will be out sooner or later

Comment

Wouldent it just be possible to change the mesh from spider to car and then remove the wall-climbing and the jumping function? it would instantly be a RC-Car! anyway, Hope it hurries up with 1.5!

Comment

Hard to code.

But... hey wait a minute. The Transpider can drive vehicles.
                      Maybe that can help.

Comment

the Transpider is in a different class then a vehicle
                        and i have never played with vehicle code before
                        so it's pretty much useless atm

coding problems i'm having is making a user controlled Vehicle Damage Scale
                        so that you can make it hurt vehicles+destructable objects (nodes+core+others?) more or less then you hurt normal people

this however has to be done through SpiderGameRule's uc which is confusing also

Also with changing the DamageRadius of the Spider explosion, i got the check box all set up so you can check it if you want twice the explosion range, but i do not know where to place the new number for the new damageradius so....untill i can find that out both that and Trans+Spider launch range is on the ground till i can pick them up....and i haven't worked on it for about over a month because of the 3 problems with the 3 things i wanted to do with it....

if anyone wants to help you can tell me about the radius and range problems....where do i put the new numbers so that the spider can see how far it's explosion goes, and how to make the range effect both the transbeacon and spiderbeacon with 2 different numbers, since they are both different and such

Comment

Working...
                        X