Clear All

Super Adrenaline

Name:Super Adrenaline
    Version:beta?
    Compatibility:latest patch
    Description: A Super Adrenaline pickup that gives you full adrenaline
    Comments:see below
    Screenshot:see below
    Credits:Epic, for making UT2004. you guys are teh rox.
    Homepage:not much yet...
    Download:clickzor teh pictchor

This is a Super Adrenaline Pickup. It gives you full adrenaline. It is purple. and fun. I made it for ShredPrince for a map he is working on. I had the idea for a while, but i actually got my lazy **** in gear and finished it. In the file you will find:
    1)A Texture package of epic textures that i modified.
    2)A mylevel.u file that will allow you to embed the pickup in a map.(DO NOT PUT IN YOUR SYSTEM DIRECTORY! The World Will END!)If you use this method, the textures are not the custom ones i haxxed.(i applied the textures after i added the mylevel package to the map)did it this way coz i had the textures already myleveled, and i was lazy and created the texture package after the fact.
    3)SuperAdrenaline.ut2 It's got the superadrenaline and its pickup base all textured properly and such. I'd recommend copying and pasting the pickup base into whatever map your heart desires. this way, there are no extra things for people to dl. we all hate staring at Download counters after all.
    4)Uncompiled .uc files. did this so if anyone wants to change anything about the pickup, they can do it quickly and then recompile the package.

I did it like this so people can change up this pickup if they want to. I could see some people not liking the pink/purple pill. I just thought it was what super adrenaline should look like. I was gonna make a custom model for it, but i got discouraged when it came time to UV the model, and i really didnt like the way it looked.

hack it up, do whatever you want to it.

Good job :up:
    Suprised something like this wasn't included in the game cycling with the DD, SS etc.

See you have stuck it under a GPL as well

Comment

I think the color suits the pill. :up: Nice job. Can't wait for final/full release!

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_wq
        Good job :up:
        Suprised something like this wasn't included in the game cycling with the DD, SS etc.

See you have stuck it under a GPL as well
        forgive my ignorance, but wtf is a GPL?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPorcupine
          forgive my ignorance, but wtf is a GPL?
          GPL = GNU Public License
          Explanation at Wikipedia

Comment

I need you to write me a all encompassing guide to how to use this.I also need to know how to package it inside the level with the "myLevel" package.I assume you made that possible as I saw the myLevel.u.

I'm gonna back up my map and try placing it and see what happens.

Comment

thanks awaw, it isnt really under the GPL, but i just picked up on you saying for people to munt around with it etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredPrince
                I need you to write me a all encompassing guide to how to use this.I also need to know how to package it inside the level with the "myLevel" package.I assume you made that possible as I saw the myLevel.u.

I'm gonna back up my map and try placing it and see what happens.
                if you copy and paste the superadrenbase from "superadrenaline.ut2" into your map, its all taken care of for you. everything you need will be saved into your map once you save it with this actor in it. all the textures,code etc is all transfered into your map. i only included the other stuff so people could easily change the pickup if they so desire.

Guide:
                1) Open "SuperAdrenaline.ut2"
                2)right click the superadrenbase and then use the copy function in the right click menu.
                3)open your map and then right click anywhere. then use the paste function. you want to "paste here" and it will then paste the superadrenbase into your map. move it about as necessary, and then save the map. close out ued, then reopen it, and the superadrenbase will be there. check your mylevel texture package. there you will see the textures for the super adrenaline base and the pickup pill itself.
                also, without opening any other map, check in the actors menu under "pickups>adrenalinepickup.(i think thats the name...) there should then be a new adrenaline pickup class branched off of adrenaline pickup called "superadrenaline." same thing should apply off of "xpickupbase;" there should now be "superadrenbase" under "xpickupbase."
                you do not need anything else in the zip file if you do it this way.

Comment

Sweet gonna go try it.

Comment

part I did understand:
                    thanks awaw, it isnt really under the GPL,
                    part I didn't understand:
                    but i just picked up on you saying for people to munt around with it etc.
                    pls explain, I'm not a native english speaker :noob:

Comment

but i just picked up on you saying for people to munt around with it etc.

translation: "i just read that you said it was fine if people wanted to change the super adrenaline to their liking."

that make sense a bit better?

Comment

I think..., thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X