X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ActorSelector BETA1

Name: ActorSelector
    Version: BETA 1.0
    Compatibility: UT2004 and UE2 Runtime ONLY.
    There are two installers: .ut4mod for UT2004 and .urm for UE2 Runtime.

Description:
    UnrealEd plugin, adds advanced features for selecting actors.

UnrealEd allows you to perform basic operations on actor selection such as:
    - Select All Actors
    - Select All Actors of class X
    - Select All Actors Matching StaticMesh
    - Select All Actors Matching Zone
    - Invert Selection
    - Clear Selection

This clearly isn't enough, what if someone wanted to select all corona lights that use a texture from package MyTextures?

ActorSelector adds 3 new types of selection features:

1) Selecting actors matching any variable or part of it. For example you can select all Actors which have bCorona=true, or with DrawType that has "Mesh" in it's name (DT_Mesh and DT_StaticMesh), or all actors with tag "something" in ExcludeTag list. This is helpful ie when you're putting previously placed actors into groups or replacing some resources with new ones.

2) Storing selection in memory. You can save current selection and restore it back at later time.

3) Boolean operations. ActorSelector uses the "select matching any variable" feature to find out whether the actor should be selected but it can also take previous selection into account.
    For example:
    - Two actors are selected:
    - an actor with bCorona=false
    - and a light with bCorona=true
    - The plugin is told to select actors with bCorona=true, using operator "OR"
    - "OR" will select actor if it was selected previously or if it will be selected by the "selecting matching any variable" feature.
    - Plugin selects all actors with bCorona=true *and* that one actor with bCorona=false, because it was selected previously.

Comments:
    See ActorSelector.txt for details.

Credits: Roman Switch` Dzieciol
    Homepage: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Switch
    Download: http://members.lycos.co.uk/neai/

You rule.

Comment

nice aggain a new plug-in ty switch just didnt yet firgured out how these all really work

Comment

you sir are the god above gods

Comment

Originally posted by PointlesS
          you sir are the god above gods
          ^

Comment

there wouldn't happen to be another way of installing? I ran the repairumod file and then the umod itself but it didn't work

Comment

You could extract some of the files with 3rd party .ut4mod tool and update .ini's manually but fixing your UT2004/UT4MOD support is easier.

What precisely didn't worked?

Comment

I just double clicked and nothing happened

Comment

Does ActorSelector.ut4mod have a UT2004 icon in windows explorer? After installing the RepairUT4MOD.inf file you may have to reset computer on old OS'es like Win98.

You can also copy ActorSelector.ut4mod to your /UT2004/System/ folder, open the command prompt in /UT2004/System/ and type"setup.exe install ActorSelector.ut4mod"

Comment

I just want to bump this up...I had to manually install it but it was well worth the effort...saved me at least an hour of work if I were to do everything by hand

Comment

Working...
                    X