• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Wielding v2, rc1

Name: Dual Wielding (mutator)

Version: v2 rc2

Compatibility: UT2004: v3369

Description: “Dual Wielding” is a mutator for UT2004 designed to allow each player to dual-wield any two of the weapons they own (i.e. the Shield Gun in one hand, and the Assault Rifle in the other).

Credits:
    Many thanks to the fans, and anyone (else) who has given constructive criticism about Dual Wielding, or reported bugs.

Coded by porkmanii, with a little help from the humble Ice Break.

Readme: Is very informational, you should read it! (no longer online)

Download: The complete package, HERE. Includes Dual Wielding, Dual Wielding HUDs and Alternate HUDs (required for DW HUDs.) (Thanks to L4Y Duke!)

Shield Gun + Minigun + UT2004-style (Dual) HUD (Alternate HUDs)

New Options Screen

OLD VERSIONS:
    beta 1.96

Version History

Version 2, rc1
    • A stylish new configuration screen, and several new options to go into it.
    • An entirely new weapon restriction system, allowing users/server admins to customize which weapons may be dual-wielded.
    • A new control style – Single-Button mode.
    • The ability to fire all four modes at once (for any two weapons), also making it possible to switch fire-modes while firing.
    • Improved bot support (firing both weapons independantly, rating weapons more intelligently).
    • All Dual Wielding settings now go in DualWield.ini.
    • Improved stability. (Dual Wielding shouldn’t cause General Protection Faults/crashes anymore.)
    • More accurate weapon stats (if you die while dual-wielding, it’ll count as 1 death with each weapon.)
    • A bunch more bug-fixes and possible new "random features".

Version 2, rc2

The following changes are only relevant when UT2004 RPG is in use:
    • Fixed quick-switching (switching between a single weapon and the Dual Weapon, without requiring the weapon to be put down.)
    • Fixed “Deaths w/” stats showing as unnamed weapons (stats were being tracked for the different types of magical weapons, rather than the actual weapons.)
    • The Denial ability works at level 2 again (it was “locking up” the dual-wielded weapons.)
    • Hopefully fixed an intermittent bug which was preventing weapon-switching.

And more, only for online games with UT2004 RPG:
    • Fixed Single-Button mode.
    • Fixed dual-wielding control key-press not automatically switching to the Dual Weapon.

Additional changes:
    • Set default dual-wielding crosshair to the Assault Rifle crosshair. (Default crosshair was invisible in third-person with Aerial View.)

Older versions edited out.

HUD: Included in the download.

Re: Dual Wielding [beta] [pics]

Originally posted by porkmanii
    On a side note, I might be losing my internet connection soon (maybe in a week, maybe a month from then), and with it, everything on my web-space. That includes Dual Wielding, Alternate HUDs, Highlight Players, etc. (every mod I've released on the Atari Forums is on my web-space). If anyone has suggestions for where I could find free web space for my mods, speak up.
    That sucks. I hope that you will be able to get a new connection.

Comment

(PM Sent)

Downloading, looks awesome, at last it's released!

Comment

On what is possibly slightly irrelevant:

How can you use a shield gun with any other weopon, surely it stops you firing out as well as other people firing in?

Comment

A glitch. I was firing a Link secondary (left hand) along with a Minigun primary (right hand) while using U-Damage and Berserk, and suddenly the Link just...stopped. Stopped dead. I switched between primary and alt firing modes, but the Link wouldn't start up again until I switched weapons.

EDIT: Happened again with a Flak, while using a Flak secondary (right hand), and Rocket primary (left hand). Except without the Berserk, and just U-Damage.

Comment

Well, I don't know what evil<3 PM'd you with, but if you need someplace to host all your files I'd be happy to put them up on my own space. If you're interested I'll PM you with my public ftp details and you can upload a zip of all your stuff so I can upload it to my private ftp.

And TerminusEst13 - read the readme he posted a link to, he mentions there is an intermittent bug that causes the behaviour you experienced there:

Sometimes a sub-weapon will seem to freeze. If this happens, simply switch away from the Dual Weapon (or the frozen sub-weapon) and then back to it again. (intermittent bug)

Comment

**** i've been waiting so long for this!!:up:

Comment

fookin awesome:up: about time something like this has came out, been wanting one since had ut2k3. Just like the good old akimbo dual weapons for UT.

MsM

Comment

I've been waiting for this forever! So glad it's released. :up:

EDIT: I LOVED this mutator! My favourite combos were Shield + Shock/Lightning, Bio Secondary + Shock, and Lightning/Rockets.

A few bugs:
                  Sometimes, weapons just stop firing. I just had to switch from and back to the weapon to fix it, but it's annoying.
                  While zooming, if you switch weapons, they don't show up when you exit zoom.
                  I could hear my opponent switch to flak from across the map. Even when he shot it, it was always like he was right next to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaber
                    And TerminusEst13 - read the readme he posted a link to, he mentions there is an intermittent bug that causes the behaviour you experienced there:
                    ****, and here I thought I'd be special.

Comment

thank you for

Nice and fun !!! :heart: :up:
                      [screenshot]http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6585/dualwielding8yw.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsbob
                        How can you use a shield gun with any other weopon, surely it stops you firing out as well as other people firing in?
                        You can carry two heavy guns one-handed, so why shouldn't you be able to fire one-way through the shield gun's shield? Honestly, I never intended for it to be realistic, or even balanced. Also, if you couldn't dual-wield the shield gun, you'd only spawn with one dual-wieldable weapon.

Originally posted by TerminusEst13
                        suddenly the Link just...stopped. Stopped dead. I switched between primary and alt firing modes, but the Link wouldn't start up again until I switched weapons.
                        I've had this happen to me (with other weapons), and yes, it is annoying. If you use the ShowDebug console command, it should tell you the "frozen" sub-weapon's clientstate is "Hidden". I'm not sure what causes it, but I'll get around to fixing it eventually. I just wanted to release Dual Wielding before I lose the internet.

Originally posted by DarkSaber
                        Well, I don't know what evil<3 PM'd you with, but if you need someplace to host all your files I'd be happy to put them up on my own space.
                        Thanks for the offer. If I can't find somewhere else to put my mods, I'll PM you.

Glad to hear someone actually read the readme :up:. (It's also included in the download, btw.)

Originally posted by Meroin
                        EDIT: I LOVED this mutator! My favourite combos were Shield + Shock/Lightning, Bio Secondary + Shock, and Lightning/Rockets.

A few bugs:
                        Sometimes, weapons just stop firing. I just had to switch from and back to the weapon to fix it, but it's annoying.
                        While zooming, if you switch weapons, they don't show up when you exit zoom.
                        I could hear my opponent switch to flak from across the map. Even when he shot it, it was always like he was right next to me.
                        Try an AVRiL (alt fire) + instant-hit weapon combo - such combos are rather evil. :alien:

Thanks for the bug reports, by the way. I'll see what I can do to fix them.

Comment

There are good combinations of weopons and bad.

the bio rifle with just about anything else is bad. you need to fire the bio rifle up, and anything else straight ahead...

**grin**

fun mod (how can you get 2 weopons, especially on weopon stay?)

Comment

Awesome and cool picture Buffy! Love the flying Teddy

Comment

This is amazing. Yeah the "weapon freeze" bug is a slight pain but at least they don't both lock up. It at least leaves you something to defend yourself with while you go fix your little weapon jam.

A combo I like is Shock primary and Mini primary. Shock for long-distance shots, and then when they get in closer, fill 'em with lead.

This is just awesome stuff. Thanks for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X