Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum Velocity Paintball MOD RECRUITING

Maximum Velocity Paintball MOD RECRUITING

Maximum Velocity Paintball a total conversion mod for Unreal Tournament 2003. Our goal is to provide a realistic and entertaining recreation of the paintball Tournament experience. Both novice and experienced paintballers will find something they love here.

Check us out at HTTP://www.mvpb.com/
    Register at the Forums!

Key Features:
    Unique Buy System - Paintballers will be able to earn cash based on their performance. Use the cash to upgrade your markers!

Leaning

Proning

Reloading - We're currently looking into

Custom Characters and Weapons

Great Maps based on actual Tournament fields!

Register at the Forums!

Job Openings:
    Modelers - Must be proficient with 3DS Max or Maya. Must be able to do your own UV layouts. The more great characters we have the better, and we have a list of Markers, Barrels and Hoppers to complete!

Weapon Animators - use our innovative workflow to prepare marker components for assembly by the engine based on player puchases.

Character Animators - Help Bring our characters to life using Maya or Max. Animators will be responsible for linking up the characters and skins in UED.

Skinners - Characters and Markers. Must be proficient with a paint program such as photoshop. Must have access to a 3D app like Max or Maya.

Register at the Forums!

Do you want to join?
    Go to http://www.mvpb.com and check out our
    Forums(http://www.mvpb.com/forums/)

Post in the Team Resume section with:

-Full Name:
    -Contact Info(email):
    -AIM, MSN, YAHOO, ICQ handles if you have one.
    -Links to Samples of your work.
    -Amount of experience with your chosen area.

You should also chat with us via IRC on Gamesnet. Join us at #mvpb !

We have a good plan and plenty to do. Hope to see some great applicants.

Sorry, forgot to put up some images. Enjoy!

Comment

**** i'm really sorry i can't help but i have just got back form paintballing about 5 minutes ago (waiting for the bath to fill up) and had to reply.

The real thing is bloody amazing! It is so much fun. And if you want to capture that fun your gonna need maps in the forests and trenches. Not with plastic things in an arena. Also slow down the movement speed and allow players to crouch and ly down.

Also try and get some nice effects in there like if you get shot in the visor it smears your vision badly. And paintballs splat off of trees and so on.

Well what i'm really tring to say is get it as close to the real thing as possible. I don't know what your paintball places are like there but believe me. Forests, gorse bushes, trenches, tires and corrigated iron is the way to go.

Wow i really want to go and do that again.

Good luck with the mod and i hope you like some of the ideas in here.

Comment

We're definitely going to have some outdoor/wood maps, that's where the game started after all. The tournament maps are the first "phase" of what the mappers are working on. You'll see a nice variety.

We're also adding some of your suggestions already, like leaning and crawling. Our coder is a madman!

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
        X