Invasion Branch-off Gametypes -BETA 1-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invasion Branch-off Gametypes -BETA 1-

I've got 3 new Invasion branch-off gametypes done, each one using a different map type:

Invading Armies (CTF Maptype)
    All monsters are spawned almost immidiately in Blue base. (You can have as many BOTs as you want on your team for this one.)

Base Invasion (DOM Maptype)
    All monsters spawned at DOM point B. They attempt to hold the base against your team.

Invasion's Run (BR Maptype)
    Monsters are all around. Run. Run fast.

The lower waves may start off kinda lame, but don't worry. About wave 15, you'll be crying for your bottle. :bulb:

Download ZIP here!

Please take note, you NEED the Epic Bonuspack to play. Extract all files to the ut2003\System directory.

Enjoy!

Very nice, just downloaded it and gave it a quick (real quick) try...

The things I found:

On all gametypes the announcer doesn't do the countdown correctly (he sais: 10..8..6.. and so on).

On 'Base Invasion' I killed 6 or 7 Monsters that creeped up on me (each one on it's own aand not in agroup, with a time gap of about 20 seconds in between).
    After that the wave was over.... ...Ok, you said the first wave are lame, but I do not want to run around for a few minutes just to kill 6 or 7 Monsters to get ot wave 15.

On the other gametypes I didn't play long enough to give any comments yet, maybe tonight.

But keep on improving it, I like the idea of new Invasion-Types... ...thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef

On 'Base Invasion' I killed 6 or 7 Monsters that creeped up on me (each one on it's own aand not in agroup, with a time gap of about 20 seconds in between).
      After that the wave was over.... ...Ok, you said the first wave are lame, but I do not want to run around for a few minutes just to kill 6 or 7 Monsters to get ot wave 15.
      Just set the difficulty a bit higher. On adept it was a lot more than 7 monsters for me and already was pretty cool.

Nice gametypes btw. Though it would be cool if you could add a gametype in wich one team really is vs the other team with all them monsters just bugging everyone (would be hella funny imo).
      Or hehe maby even better, each team has it's own monsters that are set loose when you get the enemy flag and the enemy monsters get tougher each time you capture their flag. In that way the teams get automaticly balanced

Comment

HEEEEYYYYY!!! Nice ideas!!! I like that thought of Team Invasion!! I'll have to try that out later.......:haha:

Good ideas!

About the announcer bug, yes, I've encountered that too. Hopefully, it'll be fixed in the next version.... hopefully....

Comment

That's a fun mod. I noticed two other problems: 1) the monsters always spawned in the same area that I was in and never on the other side of the map that I was on. 2) On the very first map change we went to the DM-1on1-Crash2 map, and all other subseqent map changes went to that one two.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not *****in' at you. I was going to look at the package myself but my d*mn ucc won't export

Comment

Originally posted by bartwart
            1) the monsters always spawned in the same area that I was in and never on the other side of the map that I was on. 2) On the very first map change we went to the DM-1on1-Crash2 map, and all other subseqent map changes went to that one two.
            Never mind 1)

For 2), I check the script. By default Invasion will look for DM maps since Invasion is a mod based off of DM.

Comment

Is there a possibility to make each round start at an different map so you don`t have to play the same level 10 times after eachother when trying to come as far as possible?

K

Comment

Working...
              X