I'll bring pikelettes
    If you do, then hell yes you can.

Comment

how is this coming along?

Comment

me wants to know that too!

Comment

Originally posted by Cursed_Soul
          Can i mention again that im so looking forward to this mod.

btw jeb (if you read this) lets do something with this together :P
          hehe, just looked through this thread again. No kidding, this alternate gravity stuff is great. Maybe you can help me out with this project, Cursed
          : All this talk about funky planets, I'll let slip a bit of a secret: I've been working on a ringworld map, sort of like what is described on the last page, using the rather wonky UT2k4 warpzone system. I got around some of the problems (such as no hitscan fire) by shooting players through the warpzones:

The map is a full-scale ringworld, enourmous. Two CTF bases are 180 degrees away from each other on the ring, so the enemy base is directly over head, but many miles off. After leaving a base, you ride a quick transport field through space around the ring wall, rotating upside down and approaching the enemy base. It's hard to describe, but I think it will be impressive! The ring is as large as can be rendered in the engine, but flag captures should only be 60 seconds tops because of the transport field things.

Lol, sorry to hijack the thread, but this is a place I think people will be interested. Anyway, if this mutator gets all finished up and ready to go (pleeeease!) the gravity transitions could be much smoother and elaborate. Point being: Let's hear some updates on this one!

Comment

AngelMapper, you're interested in this mutator like the rest of us, won't you please help out Pospi and create some sort of alternate gravity pathnode?:heart: :up:

Comment

Bots won't listen to me, I've broken their brains too many times and they don't trust me now.

And I barely know AI code.

Comment

hehehe i feel your pain there.. I really need someone to help me with other mod AI but it seems AI coders are few and far between.

Progress is good, there are a few annoying things that there doesn't seem to be a workaround for. The player's collision hull doesn't want to rotate for me, so that just means that the player will be a bit fatter with this mod, so that they have the same width as height and don't clip through walls. There's other little things like the translocator doesn't work yet and weapons drop straight down - so I've just taken those things out with the mutator for the moment because I really can't be bothered with them just yet. Ragdolls fall in the right way at least, so that's great fun (especially when you can send them into orbit around a point gravity source).

Here's a shot of how the system works atm:

Basically, the greater part of the large cubic room has gravity controlled by that zoneInfo that points downward. You can walk up the slope, then you hit a volume that sends you falling into the wall. There are actually two volumes on that wall, both linked to the same volume gravity pointer (the little target symbol).
                Volumes and gravity pointers are linked by their tag property (just set them both the same), so you can use the same pointer for multiple volumes.. picture having a map where you only walk on walls angled as the surfaces of a cube, well you would only need those 6 pointers in place once.
                Currently there are 3 kinds of pointers, the normal ones there that have a direction you simply rotate them to which gives the direction of gravity, point ones (not pictured) that have no direction and the player always falls towards, and point antigrav ones that send the player away from them.
                Anyway, in this example you basically have your main 'down' in the cube room, smaller 'down' areas on the walls so that you can walk along them, a new zone in the passage at top right with its own 'down', and a spherical room that lets you walk on the inside surface of it (there's the opposite of this up above but i couldnt fit it in the shot).
                As you can see, theres a lot of volumes involved so i'm imagining youll want to make use of groups in unrealEd so you dont get confused as hell.

Comment

angelmapper, you think usaar could help out?
                  I mean, he was one of the biggest coders around.
                  worked on deathball, onp etc.

( www.usaar33.com ) its a bit outdated, but i think he'll awnser.

or maybe ask someone from epic, but i wonder if they'd awnser.

Comment

pospi, you are a sexay biyatch.:up:

Comment

Wow, looks so cool, I sure hope that the AI can get worked out. I would love to help, but my coding abilities are... well, nonexistent. Good luck, hopefully somebody will come along who knows how to tackle the AI problems. Good work so far!

Comment

This is like AVP2 style with the Aliens being able to wall-walk, sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Rentapest
                          This is like AVP2 style with the Aliens being able to wall-walk, sweet!
                          Yeah, the next step will be having the option of only 1 team being able to walk on walls/ceilings! Man that'd be sweet.

Comment

would rather see it working on vehicles first

go pospi!

Comment

I have an idea...
                              Give me a second and I'll sketch my idea...

I'm not a good artist but I'm willing to try.

Comment

Here's what I think.

A player wants to stick to the wall, so he/she gets against the wall and jump. Then the gravity zone will catch them and stick them to the wall.

And if you want to get to the Cieling, dash up the wall and the gravity zone will catch you and stick you on the cieling. Good idea?

Comment

Working...
                                X