new Frag-Ops map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new Frag-Ops map

well i made my first FO map. i hope you enjoy it. please ignore the really bad texturing on the crane mesh. ...hehehe

http://forum.fragwhored.com/viewtopic.php?t=2026

HarvesterUT

Finally I got a sample to set up the recognition @ UTCMS ... it now detects if a map uses the FragOps MOD (not from the name but the content).

--->download<---

I have one question though. What are the map types for FragOps ?

I figured out that maps having FO-MIS- in their front might be mission maps - are there any other types ?

Comment

No, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Varpu
        I have one question though. What are the map types for FragOps ?

I figured out that maps having FO-MIS- in their front might be mission maps - are there any other types ?
        There was RoundGame (essentially round based tdm) in 1.0, although it was only there because some of our maps didnt have objectives yet. There will be other gametypes, hence we are keeping the -MIS- in mission maps.

Comment

One thought about naming those maps....

There is a MOD named Face Off and they have a few maps types as well. Fortunately UTCMS does not rely on file naming when it detects file type. However, I am pretty sure there will be times when FragOps and FaceOff maps will be mixed - especially on mapping sites that do not use advanced MOD detection techniques.

Any chance you could change the prefix?

FOP-...
          FRO-...
          FROP-...
          FROG-...

Or something.

The TO and TO-AOT made a big mistake by fuxoring with this issue. And believe me or not, distinguishing whether a map is TO or AoT is very hard. They have identical actors and they also need identical MOD files.... only versions differ...

Comment

Working...
          X