teh demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teh demo

well i was just thinking about it and it's just stupid. If people haven't bought the game now they will never do it anyways. so what I think it's a good idea if epic made their demo servers just regular servers.
    For example DM servers only rotate DM-rankin. While i love that map there are tons of maps i also like. so put at every demo server a rotation of the ten best maps of that gametype. i shouldnt cost that mutch trouble. So what do u think epic should put on these
    ex-demoservers?

killalot0

Phew... thought we had the second we want the demo thread now. :bulb:

I disagree.
    There are still people that dont have it and dont know about it, i just introduced it to some my friends and they like it and didnt know about it.

Comment

im not sure lack of good servers is a problem... there are plenty around, most of them have voting on you can switch to the game type of choice when you first join. Get a few friends to join at the same time and you can usually get a server full of players...

The point about no more people buying the game is interesting - I was looking round the shops in central London over the weekend and out of interest I made a note of how many copies of ut2k4 I saw for sale. There were none .

Comment

A few weeks ago there were so many new players, so people are still buying the game.

But I agree on the demo-server issue.

Comment

it should be the opposite in my opinion...the demo servers should go away. There is plenty of room on retail servers for these moochers.:heart:

Comment

I think the next generation demoplayers should get a tryall time of a few weaks(or months). When they like the game and spend all the demo time, they have to buy the game. This would mean there would be no demo servers anymore.

Comment

Personally, I think people with the retail version of the game shouldn't be allowed on demo servers. I constantly see experienced players on demo servers, there so they can play Rankin all the time. It kind of ruins the game for the new comers with the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolreject
                Personally, I think people with the retail version of the game shouldn't be allowed on demo servers. I constantly see experienced players on demo servers, there so they can play Rankin all the time. It kind of ruins the game for the new comers with the demo.
                yeah I agree...

Comment

Originally posted by PointlesS
                  yeah I agree...
                  i dont.

i used to play on a couple demo servers... 1) they were almost always full 2) its fun to teach the little n00bs.

Comment

If by teach you mean completely and utterly rape them, I enjoy it too

Comment

The reason that the community is dying is found: it's killalot0

Comment

Working...
                      X