Serverside Demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serverside Demos

How exactly do you record serverside demos through UTComp?

I tried doing the F5 -> Auto Demo/SS -> ---Auto Demo Recording --- -> Automaticaly record a demo of each match [x]

I did this on several servers [LOB's Fractionary, LOB's 1v1, Sinners Purgatory, etc], and got some different effects.

I would enter the server with the auto demo recording enabled. Then after playing I would disconnect, goto Community -> Demos, and see that the demo it recorded is in fact a "Client Side Demo". [Sometimes the demo wouldn't appear, this happened when I joined a server with an ONS map on...]

What is the sure-fire way of recording a serverside demo? [Like in the frag movie "Creating the latest blow", they used ample serverside demo footage] I want to be able to use the free roaming camera, but client side demos don't have this feature...

For a server-side demo, you need to be the server, if you enter to any server and you record a demo, its going to be always client-side

Other way is ask to the admins of this servers, if they record demos they can provide you

Comment

Thats what I was afraid of...but I thought it was possible through UTComp :/

Comment

I hope this can be posible in UT2007 -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Bort Simpson
          I hope this can be posible in UT2007 -_-
          I hope it won't, because that would be too demanding in terms of client-side bandwidth requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
            I hope it won't, because that would be too demanding in terms of client-side bandwidth requirements.
            When logged in as admin seems like a good idea to me. I dont know any game server provider that allows auto demorecording. :|

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
              I dont know any game server provider that allows auto demorecording. :|
              i know 2 :heart:

demorec41 is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                i know 2 :heart:

demorec41 is your friend.
                demorec41?? :weird: Google has never heard of it. :/

edit: Ah you meant demorec4... Typos are a ***** huh?

Comment

Originally posted by -=[BeR]=-
                  edit: Ah you meant demorec4... Typos are a ***** huh?
                  well..actually no. I have Demorec41 running on my server right now.

New in 4.1
                  ----------
                  Covers all ingame packages and actors
                  Hides DemoSpectator

gg

Comment

When logged in as admin seems like a good idea to me. I dont know any game server provider that allows auto demorecording. :|
                    gdhost.co.uk

Best ping, even to Germany (based in UK) and everything is allowed... They did not even complain as I installed more mods to test as the actually game was (based on diskspace I mean)....

Last week I deleted about 15 GB of Server Demos from my gameserver there

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                      well..actually no. I have Demorec41 running on my server right now.
                      New in 4.1
                      ----------
                      Covers all ingame packages and actors
                      Hides DemoSpectator
                      gg
                      As far as I know ProAsm never released it officially ...

http://unreal.co.za/proasm/demorec4.html

I cannot even find it on his fileserver .. But as he said, he is uploading soon anyway ....

Comment

Hey in server side demos.. How do they get those shots where the camera follows the missile to its target? Or even in client side demos?

Comment

pretty sure you can alt fire and get your own camera and move anywhere you want in both client side and serverside demos..(don't watch demos much, so could be wrong)

Comment

Thanks frogger will try that!

Comment

Game Daemons does, as does Hi Definition.

Comment

Working...
                              X