Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone come teach me how to use the SPMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone come teach me how to use the SPMA? How do you work the saterlite (bad spelling)?

For both its Alt. Fire By default your right mouse button.

After hitting the right mouse button on the SPMA, press either the left mouse button or the right one, i cant remember. Then it'll deploy.

With the Paladin, just hold alt fire

Comment

For the SPMA primary, get used to the parabolic mortar trajectory and take note that primary will explode after the mortar has been discharged a certain distance. You'll often want to hide yourself among trees or places of little action and press secondary fire, and then press secondary fire again to station your long-range bombardment satellite. Upon stationing the satellite, use your movement keys to indicate where you want to bombard. Take note that only areas that appear green can be attacked. Also take note that the secondary long-range mortars explode into a scattershot a short time before hitting the target, so you'll rarely get a direct hit. The use of secondary bombardment may seem unwieldy at first, but you'll get used to it. In addition, be aware that your satellite can be destroyed by enemies or by yourself (ALT fire once again when it is deployed), and when it is it falls straight down and can cause damage. Try to position your satellite strategically with all points in mind.

In close range combat against infantry that bother you make sure to hotswap to the shock turret with your Assault Rifle weaponswitch button and combo them away. It is much more effective and efficient in this regard. Get used to it as unless you are really good at being inconspicuous you will be bothered.

For the Paladin, the energy bar indicates the "health" level of the shield. It slowly depletes as it is hit (it is a very strong shield) and recharges quickly a few moments after being down.

Comment

Re: Can someone come teach me how to use the SPMA and the paladin?

Originally posted by IHMJack

and how do you use the energy bar for the paladin, what button you press? NOT THE Shield barrier but the energy bar on the bottom right of the screen.
        The energy bar tells you how much charge your shield has left in terms of damage.

Comment

to go faster with the SPMA, look back then fire primairy. It'll give you a boost

Comment

I have question, how do you switch to shock turret mode? usually when you jump into a vehicle you always jump onto the primary seat 1st then your teammates can jump onto the other seats, is there actually a way you can jump onto secondary vehicle seats even if there is no one sitting on the primary seat? is there actually a button you can press you can switch seats?? If there is what button is it????

Please teach me! THANK YOU!

Originally posted by element*381
            For the SPMA primary, get used to the parabolic mortar trajectory and take note that primary will explode after the mortar has been discharged a certain distance. You'll often want to hide yourself among trees or places of little action and press secondary fire, and then press secondary fire again to station your long-range bombardment satellite. Upon stationing the satellite, use your movement keys to indicate where you want to bombard. Take note that only areas that appear green can be attacked. Also take note that the secondary long-range mortars explode into a scattershot a short time before hitting the target, so you'll rarely get a direct hit. The use of secondary bombardment may seem unwieldy at first, but you'll get used to it. In addition, be aware that your satellite can be destroyed by enemies or by yourself (ALT fire once again when it is deployed), and when it is it falls straight down and can cause damage. Try to position your satellite strategically with all points in mind.

In close range combat against infantry that bother you make sure to hotswap to the shock turret with your Assault Rifle weaponswitch button and combo them away. It is much more effective and efficient in this regard. Get used to it as unless you are really good at being inconspicuous you will be bothered.

For the Paladin, the energy bar indicates the "health" level of the shield. It slowly depletes as it is hit (it is a very strong shield) and recharges quickly a few moments after being down.

Comment

I have question, how do you switch to shock turret mode? usually when you jump into a vehicle you always jump onto the primary seat 1st then your teammates can jump onto the other seats, is there actually a way you can jump onto secondary vehicle seats even if there is no one sitting on the primary seat? is there actually a button you can press you can switch seats?? If there is what button is it????

Please teach me! THANK YOU!
              Hit the number associated with the seat. I.e. on the hellbender, seat 1 is the driver, seat 2 is side turret, and seat 3 is double-beams. HIt 1 to get into driver, 2 to get into side, and 3 to get into beam turret (these must be pressed while inside vehicle).

Comment

Originally posted by 1 of 42
                Hit the number associated with the seat. I.e. on the hellbender, seat 1 is the driver, seat 2 is side turret, and seat 3 is double-beams. HIt 1 to get into driver, 2 to get into side, and 3 to get into beam turret (these must be pressed while inside vehicle).
                That's on default. If you messed around with weapons binding, seats 1, 2, and 3 are assigned to the shield gun, assault rifle, and bio rifle keys respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 of 42
                  WOW cool! I never knew that, I will try that!

Comment

The first thing a bout using the SPMA- it's missiles, when they hit your teammates blow them quite far accross the map. So be careful not to fire at your teammates when they are building a node - they get annoyed.

When you launch a sattelite- if an Avril hits it - but the avril gets a line of sight on you vehichle before reaching the satelite, the avril will then lock on to you - so dont deploy the satelite on the top of it's arc - unless you have placed it somewhere sneaky.

You can see a lot from the satelite - if you have a mic, let your teammates know what's happening.

And get out quick when you are under attack.

Comment

Re: Can someone come teach me how to use the SPMA?

Can someone come teach me how to use the SPMA? How do you work the saterlite (bad spelling)?
                      Get in and... SPAM the hell out until someone comes and frags you. Then you camp the SPAM spawn and repeat it again. :up:

Comment

i dont like how you have to watch the aiming reticule hit the ground before you get to see your character again.

Comment

for more advanced tactics, try to use the SPMA as a tank buster by only using primary fire.

its a great verhicle to swoop into a zone, spam that primary and run off again.

Comment

SPMA primary hits against Raptors should count as Eagle-Eye too!

I use it as an excellent replacement for the tank in maps like VCTF-Adara, the weaker armor being compensated by it's agility.

Comment

I love how you can hear the automatic transmission switching gears as you accelerate. :heart:

Comment

Working...
                              X