Little tech help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little tech help.

Just joined a 1v1 ladder and there are a couple of tech things I cant seem to find:

1) Have to turn "bEnableDoubleDamage" to false. Cant seem to find it anywhere in the either the UT or User files.

2)If im the one hosting the server I need both UTComp 1.6 (Net Code: ON) I was told that I needed to DL this but i cant find it. Went to a few UT site and they didnt have it. How do you turn NetCode to on once I get it.

3)Lastly, I was also told i need to DL AntiCC v1.18f. When looking through the User and UT files I saw this in one of them. So Im guessing i have it already?

Thats it, and thanks in advance. Pls help, b/c Im dying to play in the ladder!

ok, i'll explain what to do... oh wait...:bulb:

Comment

Re: Little tech help.

Originally posted by Suzie Greenburg
      Just joined a 1v1 ladder and there are a couple of tech things I cant seem to find:

1) Have to turn "bEnableDoubleDamage" to false. Cant seem to find it anywhere in the either the UT or User files.

2)If im the one hosting the server I need both UTComp 1.6 (Net Code: ON) I was told that I needed to DL this but i cant find it. Went to a few UT site and they didnt have it. How do you turn NetCode to on once I get it.

3)Lastly, I was also told i need to DL AntiCC v1.18f. When looking through the User and UT files I saw this in one of them. So Im guessing i have it already?

Thats it, and thanks in advance. Pls help, b/c Im dying to play in the ladder!
      1. bEnableDoubleDamage is a UTComp option, and you'll find that variable (99% likely, anyway) in a .ini file associated with UTComp.

2. Get UTComp 1.6 here:

http://ut2004.gameamp.com/ut2004/viewUtcomp

3. The AntiTCC file you've got is probably just the client file. You'll need the full package which can be found here:

http://vec.be/page.php?id=788

Good luck installing all that stuff. :haha:

BTW, you've joined a 1v1 ladder and they require you to play your matches on a listen server or something? What gives? :bulb:

And oh, yeah... I found all that stuff on Google. Google teh good, google your friend.

Comment

No, on most they make you NOT PLAY on a listen server... confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 of 42
          No, on most they make you NOT PLAY on a listen server... confusing.
          Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Suzie, are you sure YOU need to have all that stuff, or is that just the league rules?

Comment

league rules.

Why are the 2 files a pain to instal?

Comment

I just looked at the readmes, they're not plug and play by any means but they're not that tough... just a couple of additions to UT2004.ini.

Config looks to be the real time-suck with those two. And if you have no plans or need to run a dedicated server, I'd say don't go to the trouble since you'll never see the results of your labor.

Probably if you just learn (or already have learned) the F5 client menu for UTComp, you'll have everything you need to go play on league servers, no tinkering required.

Good luck with your league, BTW.

Comment

if you are playing only..you don't need to install that stuff.. if you are hosting.. you'll need to install and configure them.

Comment

Working...
                X