Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me the scoring system? THANK YOU :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain to me the scoring system? THANK YOU :)

Can someone explain to me the scoring system? THANK YOU

in ALL the modes, DM, CTF, etc.

especially for ONS - onslauget (bad spelling) :P, cuz I mainly play ONS

I think you get 1 point per kills, and you get some points for building power nodes, other then that Im not sure. do you get points for damaging enemy's nodes? Im not sure?????

Replys with answers would be appreicated! THANK YOU

at the end if it says 'you have won the match' then = success. Individual scoring is useless in any team based gametype.

DM you get +1 for a frag and -1 for suicide...

Comment

Originally posted by CombatCoon
      dm - 1 point for firing weapons at people

ctf - 5 points for taking their flag and not getting killed

ons - 20 points per minute for getting into a vehicle and holding fire

THANK YOU
      touché

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
        Individual scoring is useless in any team based gametype.

So when I cap the flag all by my lonesome, while the other dumbass players on my team stand around with their thumbs up their ***, the point I just added to the score board is useless?

Comment

ONS:
          1 point per kill
          4 points for fully charging a node
          4 points for fully destroying a node
          1 point per 10 points you take of the core

Comment

Originally posted by meKilgore
            So when I cap the flag all by my lonesome, while the other dumbass players on my team stand around with their thumbs up their ***, the point I just added to the score board is useless?
            That's your team's score, not your individual score. He means that all scores apart from your team score is useless, even if you are the team.

Comment

which is still false. the first major contradiction would be TDM or TAM, but also in CTF the more points each player attains the more the enemy is being killed thus giving the flag carrier a better chance at a successful run. it means that killing is being done, so that's helping at least some. and 99% of high scores won't be attained by sniping/camping the entire time. so a high score probably means that the player didn something useful.

Comment

Do any of you guys know the weblink that tells you the complete scoring system for unreal???????

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                  That's your team's score, not your individual score. He means that all scores apart from your team score is useless, even if you are the team.
                  And if yu "are" the team, you need to quit wasting time on pubs where that happens and find an clan

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                    Blah, I've been in too many CTF matches where I cannot except that BS. :sour:

Whatever, when has any of my comments squared with other peoples opinions in the general discussion forum? Even the way I use my keyboard is unconventional, let alone my thoughts on this game.

Besides, I do not accept arguments or viewpoints that pretend individual contributions are meaningless, and claim your individual score doesn't reflect the weight you had in the game's outcome. I don't care whether its team based or not. That's just plain BS. And, yes, I'm taking into consideration the points awarded for capping a flag, as compared to killing the enemy or returning your own flag.

Originally posted by chimbaktu
                    which is still false. the first major contradiction would be TDM or TAM, but also in CTF the more points each player attains the more the enemy is being killed thus giving the flag carrier a better chance at a successful run. it means that killing is being done, so that's helping at least some. and 99% of high scores won't be attained by sniping/camping the entire time. so a high score probably means that the player didn something useful.
                    Just because an enemy is killed, doesn't = contribution. Killing the enemy under the right circumstances is the important factor in contributing to the team and the outcome of the game. Running down to the enemy base and killing one person and then quickly dying in turn when there are no other teammates around is an example of not contributing. That just one example.

Is the player with a low score doing something useful? That depends. Obviously, the one with the high score is hopefully doing something useful.

Comment

Add +50 imaginary points from me in any gametype for:

- not blaming someone of cheating just because he killed you
                      - not calling someone 'lucky noob' just because he killed you
                      - not blaming your teams lost on other members of the team
                      - not abusing the zounds the sadistic server admin has installed
                      - not taunting the losing team at the end of the match (especially if your contribution to the win was minimal)

Comment

i can score 50,000 points myself and still lose the match..(ONS/CTF/vCTF/etc/etc)....those points did not win the match even if the next closest individual score is 4. If I only score points for me and don't work with the team to achieve Team goals, my efforts are futile. There are MANY times where I have been at or near the bottom of my team's scoring, but I know very well that we would have lost were it not for my contributions that match.

Comment

back on topic, I remember someone saying you get more points for a frag at a node (ie to encourage node centered play). Is this true, Ive never noticed tbh? If it is true, how is this defined, ie is it in repect to the fragger or fraggee?

And to join in on the flame war, tbh I think people should just enjoy playing the game and not worry too much about point whores etc. I find I often finish at, or near the top, just by doing my best to win and in that respect I think the system works. But other times I just enjoy playing for frags or just to have some fun with the game. Some peeps seem to take it all too seriously!

Comment

All these replys, but hardly anyone answer my questions about the scoring system.

is the scoring system I came up with, not sure if its right or not, please correct me if there is errors or if there is something missing.

For ONS,

1 point - per kill

2 or 3 points (not sure why sometime you get 2 and sometime you get 3) - if you touched a open node and it finishes building

1 point for every about every 4-5 seconds of repairing work with the link gun you do on the node.

5 points for killing the enemy node - (not sure if the points split up depending on how much damage you do, I dont understand how all that works)

10 points for killing the core - (once again, not sure if the points split up depending on how much damage you do, I dont understand how all that works.)

if there are errors or missing item, please let me know, THANK YOU !

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                              at the end if it says 'you have won the match' then = success. Individual scoring is useless in any team based gametype.
                              What about those of us that play fantasy ONS? Stats mean everything!

I don't really care to understand the ONS scoring, either...I have no problems linking up to someone (or some bot) and sacrificing a few of my own points to get the node built quicker.

It would be nice if people that linked got points, though. Just for those who think that they did 'all the work' because they have 100+ points and the rest of the team has < 50.

-commiecat

Comment

Working...
                              X