No announcement yet.

ATTN EPIC: A Gamer's Manifesto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally id rather have one solid load... it takes what? half a minute tops? i can sit waiting that long... its really not a hassle unless someone is spending minutes loading....

how would loading in the background be handled? oh i loaded this part... gotta slowly load the rest... wait... thats an area i havent loaded yet... load screen again..? "game freeze"..? im confused on that... i dont know about anyone else but it tends to be a LITTLE fast paced... im load on how anyone would handle loading sections of a map at a time like that...

Comment

Apparently Epic thinks it's viable...
      I'm guessing it handles textures more graciously though. Remember that a large part of the current loading time is texture loading. You even have to reload these if you restart the same map because UT2k4 unloads EVERYTHING after a match is played in a map. You won't have to reload those textures if you load another part of the map as it'll most likely use the same textures as the current part.

Comment

That is a very interesting article.

I was most intrigued by #17. It worries me how similar consoles are becoming to PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
          It worries me how similar consoles are becoming to PCs.
          AGREED :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Wekip
            AGREED :up:

and that is DEFINETLY not a good thing IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Railgunner
              Tbh I'd like to see smaller chested women in games. I'd also wouldn't mind seeing hispanics and asians in UT.
              Political Correctness = EVIL :down:

I want the game to be outrageous and shocking and provocative. I wanna see some T&A, over the top psychopathic violence, and knee deep gore. Worrying about whether the game portrays various races in proper proportion to real world populations, or that the women physically match the body measurements of the average adult RL woman is ridiculus. Don't bring that **** into it.

You want more females playing the game? Then make the male characters obviously well endowed. :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Railgunner
                Tbh I'd like to see smaller chested women in games. I'd also wouldn't mind seeing hispanics and asians in UT.
                As an artist who specializes in figure art and portraits, I have to say that women in games are pretty poorly done. All this BS about "karma Boobs" is pathethic. Really, it's embarrassing. Attractive is one thing, but hey, modelers and skinners, get it right!

That was one thing I liked about 2k3: introducing "large" characters for the Juggernaut team. Frankly, I think the women on that team are about how gladiator women would look. Sure, the skinny Anuban chicks are well done, but Rhaina is just more believable and dangerous looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bracket Cable
                  It makes sense to me. Single-player games can "load in the background" when new areas are near to you, but online multiplayer games can't have the players loading things at different times on their own, otherwise the multiplayer aspect of the game would just not be able to support the interaction necessary to make it work.
                  If you can have a game exclude an area from being rendered, you can have a game exclude an area from being loaded into memory. And that's what UE3 is doing with the live seamless loading.

Comment

Working...
                  X