1600 dpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1600 dpi

Is it possible to get a low sensitivity at 1600 dpi?

Depends on what you think low is. I personally have an MX518, using a sensitivity of 0.65 and it's all good. Not too fast not too slow.

Comment

Yes, it is... I use a sensitivity of 0.08 with my MX518.

Err. At least, I used to when I used the SetPoint implementation. My current sensitivity of 0.3 with the OS implementation feels about the same, though.

Comment

thx, i overlooked mousespeed settings a bit, it was still at standard

Comment

The mouse speed settings in the driver alter your dpi.

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
            The mouse speed settings in the driver alter your dpi.

what?

are you saying the you mean the horizontal slider alters DPI as well?

if so, please cite a source of that information.

-chu

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
              Mouse speed comes directly from your mouses DPI.
              That doesn't make any sense. It may be a factor, but it's certainly not the only item at play. There would have to be a scaling algorithm somewhere in there.

i.e. screens = 95 dpi, mouse = 1600 dpi - lowering sensitivity to 1" on mousepad = 1" on screen most likely does not lower your mouse input to 95 dpi.

p.s. my mx518 still isn't as pixel accurate as my original razer boomslang 2000 ball mouse. But it tracks consistently at high speeds; something the razer ball mice couldn't do.

Comment

Mouse speed comes directly from your mouses DPI.

The maximum sensitivity in the mouse drivers is simply 1:1 ratio for mouse inputs to what data is actually used, everything below it EFFECTIVLY lowers the DPI, the hardware still reads at the same DPI but the drivers trim the data.

My mouse is set to 10 in the drivers which is its maximum sensitivity (1600 DPI), and its actually not quite as sensitive as i'd like it in windows, im too used to having used my boomslang 2000 DPI at max sensitivity in windows.
                Boomslang pwns:P
                I still cant use any thing else:P got 2 of it just incase the one I use breaks:P

I use 3.5 on driver & 1 in game with accelliration on

Comment

im too used to having used my boomslang 2000 DPI at max sensitivity in windows.
                  The boomslang was a ball mouse...

Comment

im too used to having used my boomslang 2000 DPI at max sensitivity in windows.
                    Makes your comp feel pretty speedy, don't it.

Comment

Placebo rules kthx

Comment

If this was true, then that means that anyone wanting to achieve the full dpi their mouse is capable of should ALWAYS set it to the highest possible setting in windows. I never heard this rule of thumb before. Thanks.

Comment

The windows mouse sensitivity settings idealy should be set to the center of the slider this is also a 1:1 ratio, any higher or lower and the same thing happens, only it can be turned up further than 1:1 where as specific mouse drivers almost always have their 1:1 (maximum sensitivity) as the largest sensitivity value. Again if you go above 1:1 you get pixel skipping
                          no offense but I did not follow that. That sentence is a doozy! You are saying that the middle of the slider is the 1:1 ratio which is what you want (implying that setting it all the way up is actually a mistake?)

Now, for the 518, you can run the logitech s/w (mwadvanced? I forget). In there you can choose between precision and speed(?) Does this also effect dpi?

Comment

Originally posted by Slainchild
                            Depends on what you think low is. I personally have an MX518, using a sensitivity of 0.65 and it's all good. Not too fast not too slow.
                            Mine is 0.50

Comment

Working...
                            X