Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SyrenOfScripts
    Yeah theres something similar to that for the USB polling rate, you can alter that and get 1000Hz on the port, gives a noticeable improvement for high end mice.
    I really didn't find it that noticable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zynith
    While we're on the mouse subject has anyone else used this tweak.

http://www.tweakxp.com/article37018.aspx

It's said to smooth outmovement on a ps2mouse, wich is good for gaming. Haven't noticed much difference tough, but it's there.
    Yeah theres something similar to that for the USB polling rate, you can alter that and get 1000Hz on the port, gives a noticeable improvement for high end mice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Suicide Joe
    I learned way back in my TFC days that any mouse software and online first person shooters don't mix.

For the one or two 'conveniences' that you may use from mouse softwere in Windows, they just arn't worth bashing your head on your desk trying to figure out how to stop it from causing your game to randomly minimize just after you grab the flag or your sensitivity from going to hell while in the middle of a fire fight.
    Have you ever tried out the Razer range, they have some really nice drivers, the origional mice to have on the fly sensitivity and macros for mouse buttons. Never had any problems with them like you've described, although there have been 1-2 small things in the release drivers which are undesireable they re-release drivers quickly to iron these things out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Indeed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by status
    I just use the same in windows as in UT2004 like I always have
    that's the easy way of course, but I prefer a slight acceleration in Windows apps , but none in games

to each his own

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just use the same in windows as in UT2004 like I always have

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by status
    Just disable game detection and it won't change anything :|
    If you disable game detection, you're gonna take over mouse speed and acceleration from Windows to UT2004

With game detection enabled, I can change my mouse speed and acceleration in Setpoint as much as I want. It won't affect UT2004.

My settings:

This will be the mouse behaviour for Windows

With these settings, it won't take over speed and acceleration (from the previous screen) to UT2004.

Add the Advanced settings screen from my previous post and it's rock and roll.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just disable game detection and it won't change anything :|

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While we're on the mouse subject has anyone else used this tweak.

http://www.tweakxp.com/article37018.aspx

It's said to smooth outmovement on a ps2mouse, wich is good for gaming. Haven't noticed much difference tough, but it's there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's a better work-around than mine. I just made it so when it changes, it changes by only +/-50dpi - so miniscule of an amount, I don't even notice it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Regarding the original post
    I have the same problem where I bound the + and - buttons to a keystroke but in-game the sensitivity would still change along with the keystroke

A simple workaround, since I only use the mouse at 1600dpi
    Disable the other sensitivities, simply black them out and there's nothing to switch to anymore

:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CombatCoon
    I am READY!
    RUP PLZKTHX.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wekip
    Anyway I can watch???

The fate of this match hinges my next mouse purchase!!!
    As it's already been stated, this shot really isn't a reflection of the mice's accuracy... but here you go:

[shot]http://www.virax.net/misc_junk/518.jpg[/shot]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah Chilln, I'm available now.

Or anybody else looking for a match for that matter...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chiln_Viln
    Sure but I'm at work right now, maybe later tonight.
    Are you home yet? :bored:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X