I love my MX518, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my MX518, but...

Does anyone have any idea how to prevent it from doing the on-the-fly sensitivity change thing?

It's wierd, because in SetPoint (the MX518 equivalent of MouseWare) I bound that button to a keystroke (7), and when in windows, the sensitivity doesn't change on-the-fly. However, once I'm in a game, it suddenly will do BOTH the keystroke it's bound to and the sensitivity decrementation. It sucks, because everytime I hit that button for shieldgun, my sensitivity is cut in half, and I have to switch to bio-rifle to get my normal sensitivity back. It's annoying as fvck.

So, any help?

I'm glad you let me know that before I went out and bought one Virax, keep me posted

Comment

Will do. :0

Comment

I learned way back in my TFC days that any mouse software and online first person shooters don't mix.

For the one or two 'conveniences' that you may use from mouse softwere in Windows, they just arn't worth bashing your head on your desk trying to figure out how to stop it from causing your game to randomly minimize just after you grab the flag or your sensitivity from going to hell while in the middle of a fire fight.

Comment

You have to uncheck a box in the profiler so it doesnt keep the
          default button settings in game but uses the ones that you have
          assigned instead.

BTW, Razer > Logitech

I used my MX518 for a whole half an hour before I threw it in the
          desk drawer and re-installed my Diamonback.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiln_Viln
            You have to uncheck a box in the profiler so it doesnt keep the
            default button settings in game but uses the ones that you have
            assigned instead.

BTW, Razer > Logitech

I used my MX518 for a whole half an hour before I threw it in the
            desk drawer and re-installed my Diamonback.
            I did check that button...

That having been said, I far prefer the MX518 to the Diamondback.

Comment

hmm sounds strange....

I have bound commands on the buttons, instead of the sens changer, and I have no problems when playing UT.
              You must have made some tiny mistake in your settings. Try posting a screenshot

Comment

I figured it out. Took a little bit of registry hacking, which - in the end - was basically reversing some **** I did earlier. It was all my fault. :<

Comment

phew

I am glad - buying the mx518 soon and was holding my breath..

so you do recommend it as a UT playable mouse then I presume?

Comment

Most definitely. I've been playing with these since the MX500, and they get incrementally better with each new installment.

I really don't see how the sensor can get much better than this, though. I mean, the next one is bound to have some new feature and improved aesthetics/stylishness (as always), but really, what will they do next? At it's current 1600dpi, I already have to modify the individual configuration files for a good deal of my games if I want to have a sensitivity that's low enough. I mean, I could just change the dpi via the SetPoint drivers and not have to modify the configs, but then there'd be no point to having this mouse over a MX510. ;p

Anyhow, I love the mouse. The current drivers - while actually quite nice in their current implementation - are the only thing I'd wish improved about the MX518; there are a few features I'd like to see, but as far as I can see, there's no fault in the drivers that should deter you from purchasing the mouse.

Comment

Been thinking about the 518 also. Couple of questions. Are the drivers big memory hogs like the earlier ones? Can you easily setup per-game configurations that load automatically based on game?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorB
                        Been thinking about the 518 also. Couple of questions. Are the drivers big memory hogs like the earlier ones? Can you easily setup per-game configurations that load automatically based on game?
                        Unfortunately, it doesn't seem very easy to config the drivers on a per-game basis; that's one of the things I'd like to see added in. As for mem-usage, SetPoint.exe generally uses about 10mb of memory. I wouldn't consider that memory-hoging, but you might.

Comment

Re: I love my MX518, but...

Originally posted by vrxGz
                          Does anyone have any idea how to prevent it from doing the on-the-fly sensitivity change thing?

It's wierd, because in SetPoint (the MX518 equivalent of MouseWare) I bound that button to a keystroke (7), and when in windows, the sensitivity doesn't change on-the-fly. However, once I'm in a game, it suddenly will do BOTH the keystroke it's bound to and the sensitivity decrementation. It sucks, because everytime I hit that button for shieldgun, my sensitivity is cut in half, and I have to switch to bio-rifle to get my normal sensitivity back. It's annoying as fvck.
                          So, any help?
                          It's all in the Advanced Game Settings...

Comment

Have you tried it plug and play? Thats the way i have used my DB since I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                              GOOD MAN :up:
                              Let's hate Logitech together!

Comment

Working...
                              X