Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[kinda OT] Did you ever make your own clan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlakDino454
    And you should watch weebl and bob. All about pies.:up:
    Seriously, didn't you expect me to already have watched them?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
      Seriously, didn't you expect me to already have watched them?
      Just clueing you in in case you didnt know.

Comment

Just clueing you in in case you didnt know.
        Hand me a pie would'ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
          Hand me a pie would'ya?

There you go, commander

Comment

Yes. I began Jurassic Carnage Clan about three months ago and recently disbanded it because it was becoming too large too fast and I could not control it any longer. I did not have half the members' email addies.

I took the two most loyal members and now I run clan <ICE>. INORGANIC CHAOS EMPIRE. This clan has not officially begun because of minor drawbacks and the fact that iceNET, the website, is not yet complete.

So I guess it's a good time to say this: FLAKDINO454 is no more. I have changed my name permenantely. I shall stick around here though. This place never gets boring.
            Try using a reference to an animal that hasn't gone extinct next time. :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by {BL}Berserker
              Try using a reference to an animal that hasn't gone extinct next time. :noob:
              Yes I realize I made that mistake. I'm going for a better view now: Robots \o/

Comment

Re: [kinda OT] Did you ever make your own clan?

1. Did you ever "found" a clan? (in other words: Are you a clan leader?)

I founded TeamBRP approximately 15 months ago. I had never been in a clan before. Someone asked me to start a team with them and I did. I ran with it and put in 150% effort. To date we are extremely successful and getting stronger every day.

2. How long did/ since when does it exist?

We have existed since March 2004. We started with 4 members and we all sucked at the time.

3. If your clan got shut down, what was the reason?

No chance in hell we will ever disband! We have the greatest group of people a clan leader could ask for. We have young and old but everyone gets along as if they were family.

4. What do you think are the most important things/characteristics for a clan?

First of all I believe you have to be able to offer a community, a place for your players to call home. This includes a useful web site, game servers, VOIP, and IRC. Another thing that is equally important is letting the right people in and keeping the wrong people out. Getting members for the sake of building a roster is a recipe for disaster. The first thing I look at when recruiting is the players personality and love of the game. After that I look for potential and or skills they already possess. From there we make a team decision on whether to allow that person to join. I keep the guys involved in every critical decision, after all were a team....

5. What would make/made you join your clan(s)?

We have built a great community at Team BRP. Our guys love the game and we have built a reputation for working with unskilled players who want to improve with the only requirements being that the player wants to improve. Some clans out there just call unskilled players Noobs and dont want to deal with them. We welcome newer players and try to help them improve their skillsets....after all, this game would be nowhere without players....

and finally...

6. What kind of character and what skills do you think should a good clan-leader possess?

You have to be extremely devoted to the game and your team. You have to be patient, understanding and not take any bull from anyone. Gamers want to know the team is going somewhere, not just that you all get together on a server and jack around from time to time.

Comment

So are you planning to go pro or will you stick to the community as such?

Comment

Originally posted by Fir3ball
                    So are you planning to go pro or will you stick to the community as such?
                    Pro.

Comment

No, but I became a member of the War Dragons only a month after the clan started up. I then became administrator and clanleader within 8 months. I share my responsibilities with the founder of the clan.

2. How long did/ since when does it exist?Two and a half years.

3. If your clan got shut down, what was the reason?Hasn't been shutdown, but is in a sort of inactive state. But the members are all friends and keep in touch. We do play on our servers from time to time, we just aren't competitive right now.

4. What do you think are the most important things/characteristics for a clan? To have fun, enjoy the game.

5. What would make/made you join your clan(s)?We have fun and are an actual online extended family. We truly care about each other on the server and in RL.

6. What kind of character and what skills do you think should a good clan-leader possess? Like Flak said, patience and good organizing skills are necessary. A good leader must know when to open his or her mouth and when to let the members "duke it out". A good clan leader takes in what the members want, compare it to the needs of the clan, then make good sound decisions for the benefit of the group. A strong clanleader needs to take no serious action to be heard.

Comment

I joined in the early beginning

Mmm.. let me think ... one or two yeard. More or less active ...

Nobody came to the training anymore, people did not like the game anymore

F U N !!!!!

I joined my new clan because it was first of all, professional in its own way. Like schedules for
                        training, certain rules, different stages of joining, like Rookie, Tryouter, Full member etc.

and finally...

6. What kind of character and what skills do you think should a good clan-leader possess?
                        Be present !!! Even though my new clan is the best I have joined so far, I haven't heard from my Clan leader for ages !!

Comment

klans are stuuuuuuuuuuuupid:down:

Comment

yup. crispy, swurv, sausage_attack, and i founded idiotae
                            8 months ish.
                            not yet
                            not too take themselves too seriously and make gaming online better for everyone around them
                            we played a lot togethor and just decided to start wearing tags. and from there we somehow grow......ii think it was some kind of magic

and finally...

to be stern yet convivial. to be able to listen to others, but know when to folllow his own judgement. he also must be very dedicated to the clan and be ready to make hard decisions.

or you can be like us and put off everything for as long as possible and just let decisions happen for you. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Fir3ball

and finally...

1. Leader, not founder. Founder doesn't play as much.

2. It's been around in one form or another since UT99. I joined in 2k4.

3. Other clans I've been in shut down because of player inactivity, bad leaders.

4. Active players & leaders.

5. Promise of getting leadership because I like to run things .

6. Active, always on IRC, Xfire, AIM, has lots of contacts in the main gametype, fairly good skilled, good strategic mind, leads practices, motivated, web & server skills (setting up forums, servers, ect.).

Comment

i r a moderator for my clan, brothers in combat («ßîc»), we have been around for over a year now, played a lot of gametypes, and been on top of a few ladders, the thing that a clan CANNOT have is a Jack@ss leader, i recently witnessed the downfall of a 20-25 member clan mainly because their jack@ss leader made personal threats to another player, he was subsequently banned from ever playing in a certain ladder, and his clan is all but dead, their servers, which were once perpetually full, now are never fully occupied, and they are down to about 6 active members.

In short, probably the best way to run a clan is not with an outright leader, but with a couple guys taht make the decisions, but will ask the rest of the clan for their opinion as well, it is also imperative that you all get along, because as soon as two members dont get along, the whole clan takes sides and it becomes a huge problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X